All reviews pool area pool and hot tub waffles room was clean biscuits and gravy great room a great stay no elevator nice breakfast night stay easy access lobby isu college sink cereal ia
Reviewed 4 August 2016

We stayed at this hotel on July 15 & 16 with family for a relatives wedding. The hotel was nice, staff was very friendly and the rooms great. Beds are a little soft but I've slept in worse. The pool is also perfect for the kids. The only problem we had was getting breakfast. Besides our wedding group there were lots of young athletes in town for the Iowa Games. So the staff had a hard time keeping food out with all the people. We still got plenty to eat. So it wasn't a big deal, just took a little longer. I would have no problem staying here again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
AmericInnAmes, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Ames, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2016

Valued Guest,

We appreciate the time you've taken to write us a review!

We apologize about any inconvenience during your stay; During the Summer and Fall months we get booked up very quickly.
We hope during your next stay it will be a little quieter for you!

Thanks again,

Reviewed 3 August 2016

There was a little bit of an issue with our reservations. They had a room for us but the cost was a little higher than what our reservation stated. They quickly corrected the error giving us the lower price and upgraded us to a suite. Staff were more than helpful and courteous. Could not find anything sub standard. I always expect "good" at an Americinn but got "great" at this one.

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Jeff,

We are very pleased to see you had a great stay with us! We always try to provide our guests with the best atmosphere and price when we can!

We hope you come back and see us soon,

Reviewed 29 July 2016

Location perfect, room excellent (besides according to my husband the bathroom needs a poop fan) comfortable beds, okay(ish) breakfast not many options besides waffles, but the waffles had many toppings! Coffee sucked.
My only major complaint-- There was a mother F*^% cricket all night long. Now my husband found it relaxing. I on the other hand have a hate/hate relationship with crickets. I could not sleep, nor find the cricket to kill.

Room tip: Find one without a cricket

Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review!
We appreciate any--and all feedback.

We are happy to announce that we have added a Bold coffee in addition to our House Blend and Decaf! It gives our guests another option during their morning breakfast!

As for the cricket, I hope he found his way outside! Hopefully your next stay with us will be a little more... Quiet!

Thanks again,

Reviewed 17 July 2016

We stay at a lot of hotel during the year and everytime we go to Ames, Iowa we stay at AmericInn. The staff is AMAZING!!! BEST STAFF OF ANY HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED AT!! The hotel is always clean. The rooms are clean, spacious and has a fridge which I am finding out a lot of hotel are getting rid of. The house keeping staff was awesome! They were fast and efficient and honor my request of privacy one day and left clean towels outside my door for us. The front desk staff, was very efficient in check in and also always helping us with anything and everything we needed. The breakfast was delicious! Always fresh coffee all day! This is one of my favorite hotels!! The price is also another perk, very affotable.

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Traci,

Thank you for the wonderful review!!

We always love to see such positive reviews!

Please come back and see us again!!

Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

Just an average hotel. Easy to check in and out. The staff seemed friendly and room was cleaned everyday. I was there for 4 nights, two of the nights the whole hallway smelled like cat pee, but luckily it was only the hallway. Breakfast was regular stuff but one morning they were out of eggs and there was no one in sight to restock so I went to Starbucks.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Emily,

Thank you for taking the time to write AmericInn in Ames a review!

We apologize that your stay was not above average. We always try to strive for excellence when providing our guests with comfort.

We now clean our hallways on a regular basis, and our breakfast staff have been since trained more in-depth on anticipating our guests' needs.

We hope you will give us another chance in the near future!