“We heard both decent & bad reviews ”

Boulder Tap House - Ames
Ranked #43 of 216 Restaurants in Ames
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

On our evening out we all wanted to try this place as we have heard both good & bad reviews. We were seated very quickly. Serves wasn’t great & it’s wasn’t terrible.
I ordered the raspberry honest mustard pork sandwich. Raspberry pulled pork is one of my favorite combos. This sandwich would’ve been fantastic if the meat wasn’t cold. My buddy ordered the stuffed jalapeños burger & his take was it wasn’t very spicy. My wife enjoyed her steak tacos, & my buddy’s wife enjoyed the tequila lime tacos.

We will give this place another shot. Hopefully the meat isn’t room temp next time.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

New to the Ames area this New hangout is already a popular place. Good location plenty of parking behind.
On the Saturday we visited we had to wait about 40 min. It was worth it. Great burgers! And wasn't as loud as BW. And there are TV's everywhere.
Think they have 50 beers on tap. Good deal on longisland ice tea's.

Reviewed 24 January 2018

This is the first time I have seen virtually every kind of bar food on one menu. If you love bar food, you'll love this place. I had one of the burgers and it was very good. Service was prompt and friendly. The food was very good, and the prices were decent. I'll be going back with friends.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Great burgers. Great wings. Great fries. Great beer choices. Attentive staff. All in all this is a great addition to the Ames restaurant scene. It is busy now because it is new- but it is worth the wait. Recommend: The Buffalo Wings, The Hickory Cheddar Burger, The Salt and Vinegar Fries... really of the four people in our party everyone loved their meal and we all agreed we would return!

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

Fantastic choice of beers including a flight path of 4 different ones as tasters.

I had a specialty burger with Parmesan fried and it was very good.

Service was excellent and a great atmosphere.