All reviews west side beautiful hotel omelet iowa state basketball tournament off the highway fitness room in town business trip complimentary breakfast front desk staff rooms are clean great place to stay isu campus hgi lobby ia
Reviewed 28 June 2018

This is a nice and clean hotel with great service. I liked the design with charging stations, including USB ports on desk and nightstand. It has all the basics, such has hairdryer, fridge, flatscreen TV, etc. it is easy to get in and out. We plan to stay again as we have kids attending Iowa State.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

**First, most Hilton's that I have stayed in are extremely nice and a good experience. This is in response to this particular hotel. I rarely give negative reviews but in this case I feel it is warranted from a business stand point and future customers.

I booked this hotel for a business meeting last week. From start to finish the communication between the staff, myself and other guests in our group was extremely poor. The way the room block was handled as well as the billing of the rooms was an ongoing issue that is still being resolved. The back and forth between the front desk and catering seemed to be the crux of the issue. I had to make multiple phone calls members of my team coming in from out of state to this meeting asking them to change plans on reservations. The front desk tried billing my team for different rooms at varying rates, they were told the block was full and some were even denied the ability to book rooms all together. For a week we went back and forth on what should have been a simple issue. Eventually we got everyone in under the correct room, but there were a couple times we almost cancelled the event all together based on how poorly this went down. When we left to check out I went to pay for my room and the room I booked. Later that day I discovered the hotel had told roughly 6 members of our group that it was my credit card being charged, not theirs, racking up a very hefty bill. Of course they only did this for a fraction of our guests for some reason. I had to get the hotel to reach out to these individuals after their stay to get their credit card for payment (which was the original plan). Needless to say, my regional company wont be using this hotel in the future.

*Side note - If you want to book this hotel for 1 night, you cant. Im serious. We had to make a special request to get out of a forced two night stay. They told us a normal customer is forced (mid-week during the summer) to stay a minimum of two nights. I've never heard of such a thing in a rural Midwestern state like Iowa on a random Wednesday in June.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Debra M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ames, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear Brandon Nystrom:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our Hotel. We sincerely apologize for the experience you and your company had while staying at our location. I have addressed your feedback directly to my corresponding team members for further attention.
As a Hotel that hosts many conferences and events, it is our goal to exceed the expectations of those business partners we serve.

If there is anything else I can do for you at this time, please contact me by the phone number or email listed below. We hope you will consider giving us another chance to prove our promise. If there is something we can do immediately, simply let any Team Member know, and we will make it right. Guaranteed.

Nick Jeffrey
Assistant GM
nick.jeffrey@hilton.com
515-233-8000

Reviewed 26 June 2018

We arrived at the hotel at 7:30PM and were greeted professionally at checkin. During our stay we had several concerns about the room, and Amy at the front desk, and Nick, Shift Manager, handled our situation professionally. In our travels, we have found that Hilton Gardens breakfast areas and menus are not always the same. At this Hilton Gardens, the area where the food is setup is crowded. However, the wait staff were very helpful (serving hot food orders to our table, asking if we needed assistance in our carrying other items to our table (juice, cereal etc), refilling our coffee cups, and clearing our dishes. Too, they were professional, and continued to keep the tables etc clean as other guest finished.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
spapacek, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ames, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Thank you, GoliteIowa! It was our pleasure to have you stay with us while you were in Ames, and we sincerely appreciate your kind comments regarding our staff and breakfast service. I will be sure to pass on your comments to our team. The next time you're in the area, we hope we'll have the opportunity to see you again. Happy travels until then!

Reviewed 22 June 2018

The air conditioner barely worked and the fan remained on high all night long with little cooling. The hallway was at least 90 degrees. THe staff seemed to not care about our inability to sleep due to the heat. Also, the WIFI signal was very weak.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
spapacek, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ames, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Hello gudehawk, Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We're sorry to hear that your recent stay was below your expectations and our standards. We pride ourselves on providing an excellent guest experience, and part of that is providing well-maintained facilities. To this end, our maintenance team does regular preventative maintenance throughout the property and all of our guestrooms in hopes of keeping issues from arising. Thank you also for your feedback on your interaction with the staff and how to address situations as yours if they are to happen again in the future. Thank you again for your review, and we wish you happy travels in the future!

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Lobby nice, staff nice, room very small and needing upgrading. Price very high compared to the same hotel and room in two subsequent Hiltons. Decent breakfast, and very nice staff. Just a dissapointing and poorly soundproofed room.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
spapacek, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ames, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Hello nhcrazyredhead,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review from your most recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear you were happy with the nice lobby, staff and the breakfast. We are currently upgrading our rooms and are excited about the product that has been completed so far. We wish you well in your future travels and hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again!