“Great pub”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

The menu has a lot of good choices that they've had for a long time. It may be time to add a few more items or mix it up a little. Awesome place to go before the Paramount Theater.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went into Balydoyles on a Thursday evening at around 6:30pm. We were really looking forward to the buffalo wings special; however we were advised that we could not put in an order for them until 7pm...not sure when this availability time changed, but it was never a problem before. We proceeded to order a nachos, with chicken, appetizer to tide us over until the wings could come out and when the nachos order came out the "$14.99" chicken nachos were stale! The waitress went in the back and must have tried them herself because sure enough she agreed with us. She finally put in our (2) orders of buffalo wings. We ended up getting our replaced nachos appetizer around the same time as our wings order. We probably wouldn't have ordered the nachos if we would have known this... Anyway, my husband told me that he observed his (2) Pina colada drink excess were poored into other glasses and offered to an unknown patrant sitting at the bar. My question is...Is this standard practice??? My husband would have enjoyed the excess drink himsel. Especially at $8.00 each. Finally, we about fell over when we got the bill...It was pretty pricey for just two persons, in our opinion, at $55.00 + a tip. We definitely have decided not to go back for pricey and marginally edible food. All-in-all the buffalo wings special Wasn't so Special.

1  Thank nlrc2018
Reviewed 17 April 2018

A group of us went to Ballydoyle's this past Friday Night. My husband ordered a "Pint of Guiness" - Cost $7/Pint NOTE- a Pint= 16 oz. While the glass it was served in was a "Guiness" glass (and was the traditional "shape")....it appeared small...in comparison to the actual Pint Glasses I myself have at home. When a few of us finished our beers, we filled a 12 ounce bottle of Bud Light with water and poured it into what was supposed to be the Pint Size Glass of Guiness; the water filled the glass almost to the top. There was no way an additional 4 ounces of Guiness could have fit into the glass...especially if it had a proper head. I brought this to the attention of the Manager (unfortunately, I did not get his name). He himself went behind the bar and too found that the glasses are NOT true Pint-Sized Glasses. I did mention that he owed us a free beer (as my husband had ordered three Pints which should have been 16oz each but instead received three 12oz beers), however, he did not respond (nor did he offer to make any adjustment to our bill). I said that we would be back this Friday, and I would hope/expect to see either a change in the glasses used for "Pints" or in the price. We'll see if any changes are made; if so, I will update my Review.
ps....we also ordered a round of Lemon Drop Shots but, unfortunately, did not ask the price beforehand....ended up costing $7 each -- which seems a bit pricey.

1  Thank MichiganGirl4ever
Reviewed 8 April 2018

I've had several good and several not so good experiences here. It may not be consistent but there are good food options and a large drink menu.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Recently dined here for dinner. Menu is much smaller and way less variety. Prices are ridiculously high. Used to always get the wings for an appetizer. Now they say they're only available late nights. Definitely will not go back...

Been to Ballydoyle Irish Pub & Restaurant? Share your experiences!