“Fantastic but bring your own ice!”

Candlewood Suites Aurora - Naperville
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed 15 September 2017

This is an update to a previous review of a year ago. Getting here is a little weird. It's tucked away but my navigation took me there easily. The parking lot is well lit and had plenty of parking. First impression is good. Very helpful desk clerk. My room was spotless. Everything was in good shape. The cabinets are starting to show wear, but not at a glance. The bed was incredibly comfortable with a nice selection of pillows. The AC was a bit noisy and could keep someone who has troubles sleeping awake. My room faced the parking lot and was not noisy. There is a nice kitchenette with a full sized fridge. Perfect for an extended stay or for families. I was surprised to find out there is no community ice maker in the hotel. When getting to your room you have to turn on the ice maker, which is slow and when the ice drops it is loud. This woke me throughout the night. In the morning I had enough to cool three sodas in a mini cooler. Next time I will stop and pick up some ice. Will I stay here again? Absolutely! I experienced none of the problems that other reviewers had. Maybe the issues have been resolved. A free breakfast would be nice, but they had a decent selection of food and drinks in their pantry for purchase if you forget to bring something.

Room Tip: Sign up for your free IHG rewards card. Call the morning of arrival and ask for a certain type of...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

I booked this hotel 2 miles month in advance. I put on my reservation I was arriving after 10:00 pm. I arrived at the hotel at 1:00 am as my flight was delay. When I walked at the hotel the receptionist (very friendly) told me that they didn't have any room available that my reservation was for the day before and because I didn't show up they have my room to another person. I told her that I put on my reservation I was arriving after 10:00 pm she said sorry. She look on the computer and told me that she need to cleans a room for me. At 1:00 am in the morning I was traveling with 4 other people imagine my surprise. She told me I'm. Or a housekeeping so I will try to clean your room as best as possible. She went to clean my room and finally I got my room at 2:30 in the morning. She told me not to use he kitchen that she couldn't clean the kitchen and told me. Ext day she will have housekeeping come and clean my room completely. Guess what?? Next day at 4;00 pm housekeeping s not come and clean yet went to the lobby and told the manager everything that happen the day before and she sent a housekeeping to clean. Next day no housekeeping again went tot he lobby and the lady told me we only do housekeeping 1 a week if you are. It staying for more than a week you can borrow a vacuum and you can clean your room we switch the towel just bring it downstairs and you will get new one. So people if you are traveling to a hotel that want to be clean every day and ready DO NOT STaY here is horrible.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Aurora - Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2017

Hi Niledy C,

Thank you for leaving a candid review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. We value each feedback as this will allow us to identify the areas that may benefit from our additional attention. I am sorry to hear that we fell below your expectations regarding the cleanliness of our rooms and the customer service you received from our hotel staff. Please know that this is not reflective of IHG's high standards.

I would like to follow-up on your experience and I have sent you a private message to help us get more information about your stay.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope to hear from you soon.

Ingrid V.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

Check in time was 3pm on Saturday and we arrived after a day of traveling at 6pm. The front desk manager said that our room was not ready. I explained that I had booked awhile ago, but she said that they were busy the night before and did not have any clean rooms. She offered to let me wait 45 min while they cleaned, in either the gym or in the lobby. I was irritated, but decided to go get a cocktail down the road with my friend while they figured it out. I gave her my cell # to call when the room was ready. She assured me it would be 30-45 min. TWO HOURS went by, and no call. When we showed up back at the hotel, she said she didn't call because she was on break. She looked for a room for me for 20 more min then took me to a room with one bed. I booked a room with two and and had to prove this to her twice. She sent me to another room WITH ONE BED. I finally got the room I booked at 9pm, 6 hours after check-in with no apology or compensation. The walls were thin and kids in the next room screamed all night. Will not be returning.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank ehovey89
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Aurora - Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Dear ehovey89,

We appreciate you for sharing your review about your recent stay.

We are very sorry that you did not experience an exemplary hotel stay because of the level of service your have received.I apologize for any inconvenience you might have experienced. I have sent you a private message to reaffirm my apologies.

I very much hope that you will grant us the opportunity to prove ourselves again.

Best Regards,

Ben W.

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Reviews on this were pretty good, so I booked this for a 3 night stay. We needed a pet friendly hotel, which they are. However, when I called to book a room, they indicated the only availability was a queen, which we settled for. VERY small room. I did book close to our stay time. In any case, didn't look like it was that full so that any of the other (nicer looking) rooms shown in photos on line were booked, but I will never know. We did not need the kitchen facilities except to make coffee and toast. We did use the refrigerator and freezer to store perishable items we typically travel with. That part was handy. The staff very nice. The A/C, much needed, rattled all night. The bed not the most comfy. We decided to cut our stay to 2 days. I would prefer not to stay here again, but can't be picky since it was and is convenient to family. Would have liked complimentary breakfast.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Aurora - Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

Hello mimisusan,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience. I am happy that you found our staff accommodating. However, I regret that the room layout, the air condition unit, and the bed negatively affected you overall satisfaction. Please accept our sincerest apologize for any inconveniences you may have faced during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

Best Regards,

John O

Reviewed 29 May 2017

Work booked this hotel. Was a little surprised at the choice but the motel is very clean, the staff professional and the motel is quiet. The motel has plenty of free parking and is near the main streets.

Room Tip: The road has twists on-coming traffic has no stop sign.The roads in the area are poorly designed and...
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
0.5 km away
4.6 km away
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in North Aurora

Been to Candlewood Suites Aurora - Naperville? Share your experiences!