All reviews free laundry facility nice kitchenette the ice maker sized fridge front desk room cleaning chicago area night stay beds were very comfortable free breakfast sink dispenser soap starbucks tub
Reviewed 19 September 2015

Location was very close to restaurants, grocery stores, liquor stores, interstate. The little "store" they provided had just about everything needed during the stay. Fitness room was great and had many machines to choose from to work out. A walking trail was next door which was great for walkers.

Room Tip: We have occupied several rooms at different times and all of the rooms were quiet and clean. Would highly recommend.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2015 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed there one night while we went to a wedding nearby. It was a nice and clean place. Easy to get to off of the interstate. While we were checking in a car alarm was going off repeatedly. The person checking us in assured us that he would take care of it and anything else that we needed. Very professional. I would go back.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2015

This hotel is a nice little home away from home. The staff is great and always willing to help you help if you need. the floors, lobby and rooms are really clean which gives you a good sense the staff looks after the place. Joanne and Anthony at the front desk were great.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 August 2015

Walk into a welcoming atmosphere. Suites at a great value. Full kitchen with all the cookware available. Table large enough to work or dine on. Comfy bed and pillows. Large bathroom. Nice and clean, a welcoming positive atmosphere. What else could we look forward to! One more amenity, free laundromat.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2015

I had booked a room last minute through the IHG website to stay at this hotel. At 3:00 PM on the day my stay, I was notified by phone that another guest had extended their stay and I would not have a room. When I asked them where they were going to put me up for the night, they told me to book my own room somewhere else. I told them I booked a room the previous day, and it was not my responsibility to find another hotel room in the area since I have a reservation and confirmation number. At this point, the person said they would find something in the area and I told them I needed to be near St. Charles if possible. The hotel they found me as a replacement was on the opposite side of Aurora in Yorkville, which was no help at all. I found my own hotel and then contacted IHG Customer Relations to resolve the issue. IHG said the GM at the hotel would contact me in 48 hours, however, they did not do so, and I called IHG Customer Relations again. I waited on hold with them until they actually contacted someone at the property to contact me back shortly after. They finally did. Their walkout policy is to pay for your first night's hotel costs (as the minimum), which they have promised to do, but I haven't seen the money yet (1 week later). The manager also said he would put enough points in my account to stay at any IHG property for 1 night free. I asked how many points that would be, and he said 15,000. I told him that doesn't get me a free night at any IHG property. He said at a comparable hotel, like a Staybridge or Candlewood Suites it would, and I told him I have paid more points at a Staybridge than 15,000, so that was an unacceptable resolution and that he is not backing up his promise that he stated with only 15,000 points. I have yet to see the points show up in my account. Just an overall horrible experience when people can't follow their own policies and deliver acceptable customer service that is guaranteed by the policy they established for themselves, as well as neglecting to reach out to customers when they have been notified of an issue and a promise made to contact the customer.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
3  Thank Jumsy81
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Aurora - Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2015

Dear Jumsy81,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent experience at Candlewood Suites Chicago/Aurora, IL. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen G.