All reviews free laundry facility nice kitchenette the ice maker sized fridge front desk room cleaning chicago area night stay beds were very comfortable free breakfast sink dispenser soap starbucks
Reviewed 7 September 2015

This hotel is a nice little home away from home. The staff is great and always willing to help you help if you need. the floors, lobby and rooms are really clean which gives you a good sense the staff looks after the place. Joanne and Anthony at the front desk were great.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 August 2015

Walk into a welcoming atmosphere. Suites at a great value. Full kitchen with all the cookware available. Table large enough to work or dine on. Comfy bed and pillows. Large bathroom. Nice and clean, a welcoming positive atmosphere. What else could we look forward to! One more amenity, free laundromat.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2015

I had booked a room last minute through the IHG website to stay at this hotel. At 3:00 PM on the day my stay, I was notified by phone that another guest had extended their stay and I would not have a room. When I asked them where they were going to put me up for the night, they told me to book my own room somewhere else. I told them I booked a room the previous day, and it was not my responsibility to find another hotel room in the area since I have a reservation and confirmation number. At this point, the person said they would find something in the area and I told them I needed to be near St. Charles if possible. The hotel they found me as a replacement was on the opposite side of Aurora in Yorkville, which was no help at all. I found my own hotel and then contacted IHG Customer Relations to resolve the issue. IHG said the GM at the hotel would contact me in 48 hours, however, they did not do so, and I called IHG Customer Relations again. I waited on hold with them until they actually contacted someone at the property to contact me back shortly after. They finally did. Their walkout policy is to pay for your first night's hotel costs (as the minimum), which they have promised to do, but I haven't seen the money yet (1 week later). The manager also said he would put enough points in my account to stay at any IHG property for 1 night free. I asked how many points that would be, and he said 15,000. I told him that doesn't get me a free night at any IHG property. He said at a comparable hotel, like a Staybridge or Candlewood Suites it would, and I told him I have paid more points at a Staybridge than 15,000, so that was an unacceptable resolution and that he is not backing up his promise that he stated with only 15,000 points. I have yet to see the points show up in my account. Just an overall horrible experience when people can't follow their own policies and deliver acceptable customer service that is guaranteed by the policy they established for themselves, as well as neglecting to reach out to customers when they have been notified of an issue and a promise made to contact the customer.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
3  Thank Jumsy81
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Aurora - Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2015

Dear Jumsy81,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent experience at Candlewood Suites Chicago/Aurora, IL. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen G.

Reviewed 1 July 2015

Stayed there for a night. The quality was average. The front desk service was uniformly bad. While checking in, we had to wait for a long time because the person at the desk had disappeared. Got a phone call (automated) at 4 AM in the morning welcoming us to the hotel. Next day a different staff member at the desk was very busy at the computer and answered the question (about the phone call) with less interest.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Espi52
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Aurora - Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2015

Dear Espi52,

Thank you for posting a review about your stay with us. We would like to apologize for the less than satisfactory experience you had at check-in and for falling short of your expectations from our staff. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. With that being said, your feedback has been forwarded to our management for evaluation.

Again, our apologies for the inconvenience and we hope to have another opportunity to provide you a much better experience.

Sincerely.

Joel A

Reviewed 24 June 2015

I arrived at 9:30 on a weeknight to be told that they had overbooked the hotel and didn't have a room for me. There was zero attempt to contact me and warn me of this in advance. Zero offer to book me at their expense elsewhere. Just a shrug, basically. Thank you for wasting my time and stressing me out when I have meeting early the next day. Shame.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank w999
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Aurora - Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2015

Dear w999,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experience. It is regretful that this visit was a disappointment on several aspects particularly with the issues surrounding your reservation. We'd like to look into this further so in line with this, we have sent you a private message to obtain more details about your stay.

We look forward to your response and being of further assistance.

Pam G