Candlewood Suites Aurora - Naperville
USD 65
USD 116
USD 112
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 134/night.

USD 168
Hampton.com
USD 68
Rodeway Inn(North Aurora)
USD 56
  • Fitness centre
Comfort Inn & Suites(North Aurora)
USD 107
All reviewsfree laundry facilitynice kitchenettethe ice makersized fridgefront deskthe room was super cleanchicago areanight stayfree breakfastgymstarbucks
Reviewed 28 August 2015

Walk into a welcoming atmosphere. Suites at a great value. Full kitchen with all the cookware available. Table large enough to work or dine on. Comfy bed and pillows. Large bathroom. Nice and clean, a welcoming positive atmosphere. What else could we look forward to! One more amenity, free laundromat.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2015

I had booked a room last minute through the IHG website to stay at this hotel. At 3:00 PM on the day my stay, I was notified by phone that another guest had extended their stay and I would not have a room. When I asked them where they were going to put me up for the night, they told me to book my own room somewhere else. I told them I booked a room the previous day, and it was not my responsibility to find another hotel room in the area since I have a reservation and confirmation number. At this point, the person said they would find something in the area and I told them I needed to be near St. Charles if possible. The hotel they found me as a replacement was on the opposite side of Aurora in Yorkville, which was no help at all. I found my own hotel and then contacted IHG Customer Relations to resolve the issue. IHG said the GM at the hotel would contact me in 48 hours, however, they did not do so, and I called IHG Customer Relations again. I waited on hold with them until they actually contacted someone at the property to contact me back shortly after. They finally did. Their walkout policy is to pay for your first night's hotel costs (as the minimum), which they have promised to do, but I haven't seen the money yet (1 week later). The manager also said he would put enough points in my account to stay at any IHG property for 1 night free. I asked how many points that would be, and he said 15,000. I told him that doesn't get me a free night at any IHG property. He said at a comparable hotel, like a Staybridge or Candlewood Suites it would, and I told him I have paid more points at a Staybridge than 15,000, so that was an unacceptable resolution and that he is not backing up his promise that he stated with only 15,000 points. I have yet to see the points show up in my account. Just an overall horrible experience when people can't follow their own policies and deliver acceptable customer service that is guaranteed by the policy they established for themselves, as well as neglecting to reach out to customers when they have been notified of an issue and a promise made to contact the customer.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
3  Thank Jumsy81
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Aurora - Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2015

Dear Jumsy81,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent experience at Candlewood Suites Chicago/Aurora, IL. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen G.

Reviewed 1 July 2015

Stayed there for a night. The quality was average. The front desk service was uniformly bad. While checking in, we had to wait for a long time because the person at the desk had disappeared. Got a phone call (automated) at 4 AM in the morning welcoming us to the hotel. Next day a different staff member at the desk was very busy at the computer and answered the question (about the phone call) with less interest.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Espi52
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Aurora - Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2015

Dear Espi52,

Thank you for posting a review about your stay with us. We would like to apologize for the less than satisfactory experience you had at check-in and for falling short of your expectations from our staff. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. With that being said, your feedback has been forwarded to our management for evaluation.

Again, our apologies for the inconvenience and we hope to have another opportunity to provide you a much better experience.

Sincerely.

Joel A

Reviewed 24 June 2015

I arrived at 9:30 on a weeknight to be told that they had overbooked the hotel and didn't have a room for me. There was zero attempt to contact me and warn me of this in advance. Zero offer to book me at their expense elsewhere. Just a shrug, basically. Thank you for wasting my time and stressing me out when I have meeting early the next day. Shame.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank w999
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Aurora - Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2015

Dear w999,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experience. It is regretful that this visit was a disappointment on several aspects particularly with the issues surrounding your reservation. We'd like to look into this further so in line with this, we have sent you a private message to obtain more details about your stay.

We look forward to your response and being of further assistance.

Pam G

Reviewed 6 June 2015

Candlewood isnt a BAD place to stay. It is nice and very clean. Staff were all nice to us during our stay for most part. We have stayed in the property many times. Candlewoods are pretty nice so we chose to stay in this due to the oversize kitchen. Katie the sales manager told us 30 minutess before we checked in that the bedroom suite was available which we wanted when we called. Not even 30 minutes later Upon check in, I was told by staff member that they were sold out for months and this room was never available to begin with and wont be available till couple more months later. So, bait and switch Katherine? You have not returned our calls/vmail to this day.. Reluctantly, we got a room and stayed in the 3rd floor for couple days and one of the rooms towards the end of the hall sounded of adult/teenager sexual noises which I am surprised no one complained about. Noise went on for hours.Us traveling with kids, this was very awkward. I told my daughter it is someone's dog when she asked - they are pet friendly. I can even hear that on the opposite side of the hallway and even below. This made sleeping from our long trip harder on us. Like the previous reviewer mentioned, areas smelled of weed. Staff do not seem to care about these issues i mean how can you NOT pay attention to this! I have smelled this on some staff as well... so a note to the corporate case manager- DRUG TEST your employees. They say the building is staffed 24 hours. I have yet to see anyone after hours which raises a security question. Thankfully the place is well lit and they have cameras. Housekeeping is done only once a week.There is a mini store which is tax free and easy. I am part of the rewards program with Intercontinenal,and I feel as if I should have been treated better in terms of atleast courtesy for them to let me know that room was not available and for their false promises.This would have reduced the severity of this problem with room issue. Housekeeping is over the top. They are very detailed and you can be sure you are getting a clean room so kudus to them! I did have my toilet not flush so I called in the morning and I was told to come downstairs to pick up a plunger. I was told by the girl (i cant recall her name) that she was very busy with check outs and it had to be picked up. I walk down the stairs to see an employee (i am assuming it was the girl that I talked to earlier) play games on her computer. She had the plunger near her and handed it to me. Since it was like 9-10am and a lot of traffic in lobby i didnt want to make a scene. Really this cannot be happening!!!! I pay your salary i expect some level of effort.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
5  Thank Wendy W
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Aurora - Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2015

Dear Wendy W,

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience during your stay. We are sincerely sorry that you did not enjoy your experience with us particularly with the issues encountered upon check-in and service from our staff. As a valued guest, please be assured that all feedback will be acted upon as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have forwarded your concerns to the hotel management and will be a basis for future upgrade and proper training.

We hope you will consider us again and see the improvements made.

Dianne L.