“Very good Q”

JD's Q & Brew
Price range: USD 8 - USD 21
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 23 May 2017

I came across this place over a year ago. Tried a few things at first including a turkey leg. (Yum) I'm a big big fan of the kabobs.
Call in advance if you are going to use drive thru. I recommend going inside to look over the menu. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Pricing is like most BBQ houses, food however is much better than most.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

We love the ribs here, but all meats are good. Nice blues and oldies music in the background and good beers to go along. Lots of room for kids to run amok and tolerant staff running the place. Great for big gatherings.

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

I have been to JD's a dozen times, and it never fails to impress. Excellent burnt ends, sweet potato fries/chips that are some of the best in the Chicago area, and tons of bottled beers. I'm psyched that they have recently opened a second location in Northbrook.

Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

I arrived at 910pm on a Friday. Posted hours on their door say open until 10pm. The employees told me they already switched off all their equipment and they were already closed.

Reviewed 22 January 2017

I must first start by stating that I and my family have eaten here dozens of times. The food is always good. Unfortunately, we have had the "experience" of occasionally having our order taken by one of the management team (not sure if he is also an owner) - a thin built male, balding, with glasses. His demeanor is generally snarly and short - almost like you are an inconvenience to him. Tonight, I ordered beef brisket "burnt ends", again, this is something I have ordered dozens of times. When my food arrived, the beef brisket was "chopped" and not "burnt ends". Being that this was not what I ordered nor wanted, I took my plate to the pick up counter and asked staff to please correct my order. The lead individual at the counter first tried to "convince" me that this is the way they prepare "burnt ends" - again, something I have had a dozen of times here before. The individual then went to get the "manager" (at first I thought he had gone to actually correct my order) - the thin built male, balding, with glasses, soon arrived. No apology, no courtesy, just a statement that what I had was "burnt ends" - somewhat a take it or leave it attitude. I explained my previous experiences ordering the same dish and with no explanation or any follow-up conversation, he turned and walked away; back to his cash register.

Again, as I said earlier, the food is good and I returned to my table and ate my "chopped" beef brisket. Good, but not what I ordered or wanted. Ironically, twice during our meal, general restaurant staff came by our table and apologized for the behavior of the "manager". Both apologies were very unexpected and not necessary since the problem was not them. However, this is a very sad statement that apparently the staff realized the general rude behavior of the "manager" towards a customer. I must wonder how many other customers have had this same experience? How many had a similar experience and just never said anything or never went back?

Eating here is not cheap (~$70.00 for four people with no alcohol). One can go to many cheaper or general fast food restaurants and be treated more professionally and respectful than I was by this individual. Tonight crossed a major line for me and my family. We've learned the best way to deal with these types of issues is with our money - we just won't go back. There are many other restaurants in our area that I am sure would appreciate our return business. For us, it just won't be JD's Q and Brew anymore.

2  Thank kmac2400