All reviews atrium hotel holiday inn conference center hot tub pool area rooms were very clean three rooms other hotels modern touches working ac workout room crossed paths big tv modern look great hotel check in was a breeze plug ins
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

This is one of the best Best Westerns I’ve stayed at. You walk in and it surprises you with its new, modern look. The room was clean, with a big tv and working AC/heat. The bathroom was super clean and the bed comfortable. I enjoyed my stay and the breakfast was good too. They have biscuits and gravy which is one of my all time favorite breakfast foods. Oh and there’s lots of plug-ins for all your electronics. There’s no way you can’t charge every device you’re carrying with you all at the same time. This is a great Best Western and if you find yourself in the St. Louis/Alton area you can’t go wrong staying here. Recommend!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
456jacindag, Director of Sales at Best Western Premier Alton-St.Louis Area Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Thank you Thomas for taking the time to post a 5 star rating and such a detailed review. We are proud to have served you and are proud of our Best Western Premier property, we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to serve you again!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I like this hotel as soon as I walked in I was taken back on how cool the lobby looks. It was large with a warm feeling to it.The staff there was very nice, we had a problem with our reservation the lady at the counter helped us with a smile on her face. the rooms there are very modern and cool looking. The beds were soft and there is a nice couch to sit on while you eat or watch TV. The pool area was big and relaxing if you bring your family the pool area is the place to hang out. They have a restaurant there that serves a delicious breakfast . I enjoyed my stay I would for sure stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Thank you Mark for taking the time to post a review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay while visiting us and hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

My wife and I recently stayed for an overnight getaway. As we checked into our room, everything was nice. The lobby area was very large and modern but the overwhelming noise coming from the pool area dominated the environment. Not being uptight and understanding that this is normal in a large pool setting, we were not phased by this. After an evening out we returned to the our room for a quiet night. That was not to happen as the sliding glass door that joined our room to the lobby was not able to block the noise of a group of young adults sitting directly outside of it. At approximately 11:30 pm I decided to go out and ask them to move, which they did without hesitation, not aware that our room was next to the tables. Still no big deal. During this whole time kids of various ages ran through the lobby and the hallway laughing and screaming. At 2:30 I had enough and had to call the front desk to ask if they would do something. The clerk said she would take care of it, and after about 30 minutes things were finally quiet.
I understand kids at a hotel are having fun but why didn’t the night manager put a stop to this earlier? The echo of the laughter and yelling coming from the lobby was loud enough to be heard through the sliding door of our room, the front desk is in the lobby...
the next morning when I complained to the front desk, she apologized and said she had not had anything passed on from the previous shift.
We will not be back...

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
BestWesternHotels, Corporate at Best Western Premier Alton-St.Louis Area Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2018

We are sorry to hear that your recent stay with us did not exceed your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to make improvements to offer guests a better experience in the future. We hope you will give us another chance and stay with us again. -Best Western Hotels & Resorts

Reviewed 17 February 2018

The Best Western Premier Alton-St. Louis Area Hotel is a spacious modern hotel with everything you need in one place!

This was my second stay at this hotel, and I’d say it was even better than the first! The staff at the desk were courteous and welcoming. Check-in was a breeze. Really all of the staff I encountered during our stay were top notch.

The guys at the desk made a point to let us know everything the hotel had to offer. This included free w-fi, a pool/hot tub, fitness center, and a bar/ restaurant bar on-site. They even hooked us up with some drink coupons for the bar!

The bar/ restaurant was comfortable and tasty, Plenty of drink options and a great menu. We opted for the steak special. T-Bones and baked potatoes for less than $20. There’s plenty of seating, but there’s also a large common area just outside in the lobby for relaxing or holding an informal meeting.

The rooms were very clean and roomy, with large picture windows overlooking the lobby. Beds were very comfortable. The shower was a hot with great water pressure. Wi-fi worked well. Overall, better than most.

Complimentary breakfast in the morning was above average as well. Hot food including eggs, bacon, and sausage. Oatmeal, fruit, and other healthier options as well.

We had planned to venture out during our overnight, but the The Best Western Premier Alton-St. Louis Area Hotel offered everything we needed and more. Great rooms, great staff, great food. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Adam L

Thank you Adam for taking the time to post a 5 star rating with a very detailed review. We are very glad that you enjoyed your experience while staying with us. We hope you enjoyed your steak in Great Rivers Tap & Grill! Thank you again for posting a review, we hope to serve you again when you're in the Alton IL/St. Louis Area.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

Very clean..friendly..great service..very nice breakfast. I didn't have any issues with the internet. Our bathroom ceiling leaked but they were very prompt in moving us to another room..They must rent out their pool for local parties for kids for it was very kid noisy and as I looked out my window approximately 35 kids or so swimming. But over all a nice place yo stay.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you Michelle for taking the time to post a review. We are happy that you were pleased with your stay. We do not rent out the pool for pool parties, but do have groups from time to time who choose to celebrate while staying with us as registered guests. We also host many groups such as sports teams that bring in a lot of kids who love to swim. We hope to see you again! Thanks again for the awesome review!