“Good food, Confused Service”
Review of Aloha Mixed Plate - CLOSED

Aloha Mixed Plate
Price range: USD 9 - USD 24
Cuisines: Hawaiian, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: If you're dreaming of a delicious meal with a seaside view, Aloha Mixed Plate is the perfect spot. Featuring food that draws from the culinary traditions of Japan, Korea, Hawaii, and the Philippines, this restaurant offers a wide range of dishes made with farm-to-table produce. They've spent over 20 years serving customers in Lahaina, HI, so they know what it takes to serve a flavorful, satisfying meal. This Hawaiian restaurant opened its doors in 1996 and underwent a remodel in 2017. Their new space features a more spacious layout, a bar that's twice as large, and a louvered roof that provides cover on rainy days. They're located on the coast of northwest Maui, and their open-air seating allows diners to enjoy beautiful ocean views. Aloha Mixed Plate has its roots in the days of Hawaii's sugar plantations, where workers from Japan, Korea, and the Philippines gathered to share their countries' traditional foods.
Reviewed 28 October 2015 via mobile

Many people suggested this place to us due the good food and reasonable prices. We went for dinner and our server Ryan was intoxicated. He had to take our drink order 3 times, was in the nearby kitchen swearing repeatedly and loudly, then brought us the wrong and larger bill. The food was very good. Having heard such good things about the place, we went back for breakfast hoping for better sobriety at that hour. Jackie was our waitress and was very friendly. Someone delivered our food to the table next to us. Food was very good but the staff seems a bit confused, but Jackie was very nice. Here is a view from our table.

Reviewed 28 October 2015

Food was so, so, service was good and the dining was all out doors. The menu was fairly extensive and prices for Maui were fair. Found out they also provide food for the Luau next door, which was good. A daughter and son-in-law have steaked Mixed Grill as their favorite, taste is individual, one persons liking can be another's distaste.

Reviewed 27 October 2015

This used to be one of my favorite restaurants to recommend for breakfast, lunch, and take-out. It's just not the same and in good conscience I can no longer recommend this restaurant to my family, friends or our hotel guests.
I don't know why....but the quality of their food is going downhill. I had dinner with a friend; we both ordered the beachside mixed plate for $14.95 each and received on our plates a 1/2 piece of a one kalbi rib, 1 small piece of shoyu chicken thigh (that tasted like boiled chicken~very dry and had no marinated flavor) and 1 small piece of overcooked teri beef (not tender/hard like jerky). Their garlic furikake fries had "no garlic flavor". Just plain french fries with furikake sprinkled on top (For $5.95 I think I'll go to McDonalds and bring my own Furikake). They used to use "seasoned fries" with garlicky butter...not anymore. At the end of the evening, our tab was over $52.00 and we were both still hungry. I thought...Hmmm, maybe they just are having an "off" night. So I decided to give them another try and took my family of 4 adults and 2 children for breakfast. My locomoco was just "okay" and when I looked around no one at our table finished their meals because the food was just "okay". No one raved about their food like before. After paying the $85.00 ++ bill I've decided to spend my money and enjoy my meals elsewhere.

Reviewed 27 October 2015 via mobile

This beachside restaurant has delicious, reasonably priced food. The breakfast special (amp Hawaiian French Toast Sammy) was possibly the best breakfast I've ever eaten! My husband got The Big Kahuna omelette - also delicious. We went back for lunch another day (got there just before 11:00), and got a table right next to the beach. What a gorgeous view! The lunch wasn't quite as good as the breakfast, but still good food for a great value. Also had the best and most reasonably priced cocktail of our trip here. Will definitely go back the next time we visit Maui!

Reviewed 27 October 2015

We had a delicious dinner and the atmosphere is also wonderful. Everyone is so friendly and the fresh local food is presented well and tastes great.