Wailea Golf Club - Emerald Course
Open today: 6:30 am - 6:30 pm
Review Highlights
Great golf course

This was a great experience, their customer service was spectacular. From the time we walked into... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Dennis D
via mobile
Best golf on the island

My husband and I played both the Gold and Emerald courses several times during our stay to Maui... read more

Reviewed 22 February 2018

from USD 79.95
from USD 117.52
from USD 109.95
More Info
All reviews pro shop in great shape nice resort range balls fairways tees twosome marshall ocean playable molokini hawaii track scenery
Reviewed 27 December 2016

The Emerald Course is Wailea's signature golf course and it generally lives up to its billing. Like most of the courses on Maui there's great elevation change including the spectacular first hole which offers a great view over the ocean (in the distance - none of the holes come near the water). There are many memorable holes including the spectacular view from the first tee (and the big downhill drive), the 6th and the massive double green shared by holes 10 and 17. We found the corset be in good condition though the greens do take some time to get used to (if you usually play in a more northernly climate) as depending on the direction of the grain your ball will roll very differently. Also, the undulating greens can be tricky to read - just remember and trust that they always break towards the water.

If you can secure an early tee time. If you're one of the first three of four groups off you will get your round in well under four hours leaving you lots of time for another round or simply to relax on the beach.

Reviewed 17 December 2016 via mobile

This is a straightforward course, no surprises. Decent service personnel with pleasant attitudes. Lots of holes with great views of the ocean, well maintained course in really nice shape. Positive overall experience.

Reviewed 13 December 2016 via mobile

Although during our trip this time around it rained nearly everyday, the team at the course did everything they could to get us off cart path only and succeeded. With all of the rain the course drained great, and the fairways were not very wet at all. The greens were in need of the rain and could use a little care, but overall it was in very good condition. The staff was very helpful and friendly.

Reviewed 6 December 2016

Good course for all levels, beautiful scenery, fairways and greens were good, stay out of traps! The food was good in restaurant.

Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

When we checked in, we were told we could go out as a twosome if we moved up our tee time. We agreed. This only gave us a few minutes to warm up ON MATS. I think if you are paying $160 plus per round you shouldn't have to warm up on mats--snobby me, but they do aggravate any wrist problems you may have.

I went to get a scorecard, marker and extra tees. There were no tees for the taking so I asked. The guy said they are in the cart. I said there are only three in the cart. He said each tee should last one year because they are plastic with cornstarch. I don't care what they are made of--I want at least ten tees because I forget to pick them up sometimes or they fly and I can't find them. So buy some cheap ones for me! By the way one of these tees lasted two holes before it broke--sometime I come in steep and it is not like I have a super fast swing speed.

The starter is great--really nice guy who tells you a little of the course (female friendly) and the wildlife (mongoose) and which holes are cart path only. He neglected to tell us the greens had been recently been sanded, as did the person when we made our reservations. (My lower than usual score doesn't count)! The views from some of the holes are drop dead gorgeous. You can see Lanai and Molokini. There was one twosome on the green when we first teed off. We caught up with them quickly. Then later we could see that they had people in front of them. This course sends people off every 8 minutes yet they don't expect you to finish a hole in 8 minutes. So why send people off to just sit in the cart and wait?

This is the best course in the Wailea area but certainly not one of the best courses I have ever played.