“We never miss Edgar's on our trips to Augusta.”
Review of Edgar's Grille

Edgar's Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Edgar's Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 523 Restaurants in Augusta
Price range: USD 8 - USD 32
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: You'll Love Our Food, And What It Accomplishes. At Edgar's Grille, we offer New American cuisine with a Southern flair. We feature locally sourced ingredients and are farm-to-table certified by Augusta Locally Grown. Outdoor dining is available year-round in our spacious courtyard. We Not Only Serve Delicious Food, We Serve The Community. Edgar’s Grille is unlike any other restaurant in the Augusta area because a portion of every dollar you spend goes toward education programs, including support for Helms College. In addition, Helms College culinary students receive experiential learning opportunities through service at Edgar's Grille. Edgar’s Grille is open for lunch Monday through Friday, dinner Monday through Saturday, and features Augusta's best Sunday Brunch Buffet. Large parties and special events are comfortably accommodated at the adjacent Snelling Conference Center. For an unforgettable experience, book our Chef's Table.
Reviewed 4 October 2018

Because Edgar's was founded by Goodwill, the entire enterprise is dedicated to teaching the students of their culinary academy in Augusta how to cook, serve, and manage a restaurant. They're not just serving the patrons, they're serving a higher purpose, by building careers. And boy, are they doing it the right way. From the exceptional food, to the beautiful, fully-stocked bar, to the attentive, personal wait staff, this place is as good as it gets, just about anywhere. One of my favorite dishes is the pan-seared diver scallops with warm farro salad and citrus buerre blanc. But there are plenty of other great choices, from roasted duck breast to crab linguini. You really can't miss. Give it a try and you'll see what I mean.

EdgarsG53, Manager at Edgar's Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you Jim for the phenomenal review and for sharing our mission! It is always a pleasure serving you and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

We do love it. They want to provide an upscale atmosphere with student staff or newly hired staff. Been here over 8 times. Food is excellent in appearance and taste. But, very small portions, as if they want upper crust guests to not feel like bourgeois class. Please don't get me wrong I really enjoy this resturant, but the staff has constant turnover. Went there last Friday. Two new hostess staff (make and female) they are 15 feet from main door and 20 feet from pizza oven. The manager did a table touch by just asking "how are thing tonight?" She had a burgandy sweater on, I looked at her and ask if she was a customer and just needed to talk. Then told her if she was the manager you could say something or wear an ID. She just left and went to next table. One server arrived with a baseball cap on backwards (not a big deal at McDonald's, yes I can argue that he didnt clock in, but he was loud, paraded around the kitchen window, then looked over the room and cleaned himself up for work), if this is upscale then have your staff act the part as soon as they enter the dining room. I have had the pizza several times, they have a gas fired pizza oven by the bar, so they call it a fire roasted pizza, if it didnt taste good I would give it more of a disappointing review. Well, the "chef prepares the pie, puts it in oven, removes it, cuts it, and then puts it on the counter next to the oven, under the heat lamps. I watched him do all these things, then I see him leave his station, walk through the bar, walk past our table, and return to main kitchen. Our server was on a other table, then to kitchen, then another table. The two people at the greeting station were enjoying their day and didn't move the 20 feet to the pie. My server didn't move to retrieve my pie, the cook just let it sit there. I motioned to my server that I think my pie is ready, she said I'll look. WHAT A SYSTEM BREAKDOWN. 4 people should have done a better job (not even bringing in management), why the cook didn't bring the meal/pie to the kitchen is just to stupid for me to understand. How specialized are his chef duties or can't he walk and carry at the same time? He just knew it wasn't his job. Yes, I will be back, but $14 for one topping pizza, and $20 salmon is just stupid expensive for a school that college culinary program that we support evey time we go eat here. I don't want to pay all thier tuition during just one meal.
The server I had was charming, took great care of our needs, and didnt over table touch.
The bartender was just excellent, relaxed, engaging, offered house specials and specialty drinks. He just completed making a large container of sangria, he offered us a taste, well it was the best ever.
Yes I will be back, but wish I could see a $4 price drop on most items. The menu is fairly limited and it is difficult for most to afford this restaurant, I would venture to predict that the students of Helms College couldn't afford this place, they would go to the college coffee shop 60 feet away.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

If you are looking for something different this is your place. They have the normal, chicken, beef, seafood, but all with a bit of a twist. The food is amazing, but the price does reflect this.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

The service was beyond accommodating, there is a large cocktails menu and the food is seasonal. The ingredients are acquired locally and on the menu they tell you where it comes from.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

We arrived at eight on a Saturday night with no reservation, but were seated on the patio with no wait. The weather was more pleasant than the usual August day. The strip mall location was a little out of character for a fine dining restaurant, but we were glad we went. Our waiter was attentive but a bit too talkative. The asparagus fries were tempura-style and very good. I had crab cake with Brussels sprouts and sweet potato mash. My wife had the shrimp and grits. All good. Would like to return and try out some other items.