“Good hotel at a reasonable price ”

Comfort Inn & Suites Near Fort Gordon
Ranked #30 of 85 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

This hotel was a little more run down than some of the other Comfort Inns I’ve stayed in
but it was clean. The beds and pillows in the suite were very comfortable. The pull out sofa not so good. Also the sitting area was a good size room. I was disappointed that there was no TV in the sitting area.The breakfast was average. All in all a great place to stay. I would stay here again without hesitation.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Jane G, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Fort Gordon, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Thanks for the 5 star review Lisa S! I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your most recent stay with us! Just to clarify, our lobby does have a TV in both the dining area and public sitting area. Our Comfort Inn & Suites will be renovating our lobby and public areas after the first of the year! Some Comfort Inn's are ahead of schedule, and we're up next. We are just as excited as you will be when you return on your next trip to the Augusta/Fort Gordon area!

Happy & Safe Travels!

Reviewed 17 October 2017

We liked staying at this location because it was convenient to the places we had to visit; we were quickly checked in by a nice front desk clerk and given information about where to eat, our room was clean and spacious - had no problems during our stay with everything in working order. Breakfast was available starting at 5:30 am and the fitness room was functional which I used - there is a waffle house next door and countless fast food places on Jimmie Dyess Pkwy. to choose from - would stay at this location again as well as recommend to others.

I rated the hotel a 4 instead of 5 because the guest in the next room stayed up all night talking on his cell phone and we could clearly hear him so walls may be paper thin.....still a good stay.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Jane G, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Fort Gordon, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Thanks for the review 478camenw! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and apologize for the loud late night cellphone call next to you! We look forward to making your next stay with us a 5/5 when returning to the Augusta and Fort Gordon area!

Reviewed 30 June 2017

My wife and I stopped one night while traveling past Augusta at this Comfort Inn and Suites. We used our Choice Rewards we had accumulated to pay for the night. The hotel was not as nice as we expected for an Inn and Suites compared to some we have stayed at in the past. The hotel's last remodeling, we were told, was seven years ago and the room furniture and carpet and starting to show the wear. We also noticed the chairs were not clean and mentioned it to the front desk in the morning after breakfast. When we returned to the room I asked my wife, I wonder if she will report it because she didn't ask our room number. The flat tv screen was not very large and some of the channels were shrunk down to about the size of a 19" tv screen. One plus, the beds were very comfortable.
The room I had selected online was a queen suite but when we checked in the clerk said it did not show a suite selected. She gave us a suite but it was not the same as in the photo from the room selection site that showed a desk, a table and a second tv in the second room.
The breakfast room only had six tables and three of those were for two people only. Extremely small for the number of guests staying there (the front parking lot was full late in the evening). The eggs seemed to be powdered, there was no fresh cut fruit and the bananas were gone by the time we came downstairs. The coffee is from a machine you push the button and it quick brews it out. Overall, we expected a better breakfast from a Comfort Inn and suites. It was more like from a Quality Inn. Would we stay here again during our travels, no.
Tip, if booking make sure you get the correct hotel you want because the Quality Inn is behind the Comfort Inn and Suites.

Room Tip: Only one elevator so if you are pressed for time, get a lower floor and take the stairs
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Jane G, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Fort Gordon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Thank you for you review. The Comfort Inn was Built in 2010. I'm sorry to hear that your experience wasn't up to par. I will be speaking with each housekeeper to ensure they are properly cleaning room and they pay attention to detail and dusting. We only have two suites with tvs in both rooms, which are our larger suites. We hope you will give us another chance with Comfort Inn and Suites

Reviewed 10 April 2017

I booked a prepaid, non-refundable room for two nights (April 4-5, 2017), which is during the Masters golf tournament. With very unfortunate circumstances of someone selling the tournament tickets out from under us (this is of course not at all the issue with the hotel), I called in February to ask if there was anything that could be done since we would not use the room.

I completely understand this non-refundable rate is the policy and the hotel chain is not under legal obligation to refund my money for not using the room. HOWEVER, how I was treated during the course of trying to find a solution with the staff was unacceptable and will cause me to never stay at a Choice Hotel in the future; this is a lot of lost business for them, way beyond the $756 revenue that was gained from this "stay," as I'm in my 20's and stay at hotels about 10% of nights in any given year.

I had to call five times in order to get an answer to my question; four of those times the staff took down my contact information and said they would return my call after speaking to the manager, Jane - they never did once return a phone call. I tried to speak to the manager directly, and they would not allow me to and always said she was unavailable (never offering to have her call me back later). While they were respectful overall, I was actually hung up on the last time I called, with the answer "ma'am there is nothing we can do [click]."

I emailed the corporate customer service, explaining the full situation, and got a response (thank you for that), but again just said "this is our policy and we have to honor it." The email reply went on to say that a prepaid room is cheaper - up to 30% - than a non-prepaid room. This was NOT the case here; the rates were exactly the same ($330/night plus taxes). I replied with this fact, along with the fact that the hotel SELLS OUT during these busy dates, so in fact it would be NO lost revenue to the hotel to resell the room (with 2 months' notice), and they would be keeping a lifelong customer. To this second email sent on February 23, I received no reply.

In the end, I checked almost daily online, and saw that the rooms did in fact sell out. They never did call or email to ask if I was coming, or if anything was wrong when we did not check in. And then, they sent me a survey asking how my experience was - which tells me they really have no idea (or don't care) the fact that I didn't actually stay in the hotel.

Again, I was willing to pay a premium rate, equal to almost x4 the normal nightly rate at the hotel, paid in advance, explained my situation, and NOTHING was done by the staff to try and make better of this situation. Once again I recognize this is your policy and you are able to legally stick to that, so I do not need to be reminded of this, but I'm shocked that in the age where customer experience makes or breaks businesses, that the staff (at this hotel and at corporate) did not even attempt to offer an alternative solution with two months' notice (e.g. - offering one night's worth of money back, offering to try and re-sell the room and if successful then offering my money back - something that would again have been no revenue lost).

Really sorry this was my experience, and I hope others do not have the same.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2017

We enjoyed our stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites. The room was very clean. The room offered all of the necessities. A comfortable bed, clean linens, big, fluffy towels, and good wifi. The staff was very polite as well. I will not hesitate to stay here again when in August and would recommend it to my friends.

If there is any negative, it would be the free breakfast was not very good.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Jane G, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Fort Gordon, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2017

Thank you for your review. Im very glad you had a pleasant stay. I will also inform the staff on doing a great job and to keep it up. Im sorry about the breakfast, i will be letting the GM know so maybe we can make some changes. We hope to see you soon!