“Very noisy area” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
electronchick
“Very noisy area”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012

While the rooms might be acceptable, the noise in this area is not. The hotel is very close to Interstate 20, and the traffic from that is pretty bad. If that wasn't already noisy enough, there are people who like to "hang out" on that area and share their car stereo systems with all of the guests in the hotel, usually around 2am on the weekends. I had stayed here many weekends and this happened pretty consistently. It was consistent enough that I no longer stay in any of these hotels in this area because I would rather pay slightly more and get some sleep.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank electronchick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

I stayed at this hotel while I was on business in the area.

The hotel itself is newer like most Comfort Suites I have been staying in. The check in was quick and friendly with no problem. I was put into a room with a king bed, nice size room with sitting area with couch, microwave, fridge and the normal amenities. The room was pretty clean, but I did find that my bed skirt was all ripped on the one side of my bed...not a big deal. The thing that was a big deal was the sound of barking. I always read reviews before I stay anywhere and I read the reviews here, however it seems the ones I picked to review never mentioned anything about a dog. I originally thought the hotel allowed dogs and they were in the room next to me. It was then that I decided to read more reviews about this hotel and found the issues with the dog barking. Luckily they didn't bark at 5am like others have notated. If you get a room on the side next to the big building ask for another room. I didn't bother getting another room as I only stayed one day.
I visited the pool area, I am pretty sure it hadn't been cleaned or wiped down for weeks. The chairs were filthy as was the pool. I certainly wouldn't have gotten into it. There is no relaxing at the pool as right across the street is a truck stop so huge trucks were constantly going in and out, so many trucks that the pavement at the red light has been ruined so badly that if you had a low car and got in the ruts you may scrape the bottom.
The hotel overall was just OK. The staff was very friendly like everyone else had mentioned. If I was in the area again I am up in the air if I would pick this one.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

I do over 100 hotel nights per year and these folks do a great job. Nice property and nice people. An excellent value overall.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

I booked this hotel for my basketball ball team and simply fell in love with the staff. Kelly, my initial contact was so energetic and helpful and such a pleasure to work with. Being that we have several teams, multiple coaches and so many parents it was imperative that everything went without a hitch and Kelly listened to all our needs and delivered wonderfully.
She was not the only one, Kelsey and Mallory exceeded our expectations as well. When we arrieved we had several room changes that needed to be made and they worked with us tirelessly to make sure we were situated and ready for the big weekend. I wish all of my stays at hotels were as amazing as this. You guys rock!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank TamikoL
Norfolk, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

This place is the best hotel I have ever stayed at, including the high dollar fancy ones in Orlando. I have traveled a lot and stayed in numerous hotels over the decades - I'm a very seasoned traveler. It is without a doubt the best place to stay in Augusta. The desk personnel here are A-1 top of the line friendly and helpful. Some people have mentioned there is a kennel behind the property, which is true. But the smoking area (a nice area with benches btw) is back there and I barely notice any noise from there when in that area. Just ask for a room away from there. They try not to put anyone on that side anyway. The breakfast is great, and they have a manager's reception every Tuesday and Wednesday night with food and beverages. For example, tonight we had burgers, meatballs, and nachos. Free, I might add. I would not stay anywhere else in Augusta. I am looking forward to a reason to come back here, just so I can stay in this hotel. You have been told, so you have nobody to blame but yourself for not staying here. The staff here is the best I have ever been in contact with, especially Cindy the breakfast attendant. Whenever I come and go, I am greeted nicely by the desk people and after I was here a few days they call me by my name, respectfully, which shows how much they pay attention to detail here.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family