“Stand-out Service”

Hotel Boutique San Juan
Ranked #20 of 37 Hotels in San Pedro Sula
Reviewed 1 May 2014

As a female traveling alone in San Pedro Sula, security is a priority for me. Hotel San Juan is in barrio Los Andes which is very safe, well light and well patrolled. There are two large supermarkets and several good quality restaurants are within easy walking distance and I felt safe to do so even at night. The hotel itself is staff 42 hours a day with excellent security on the front door. The rooms are well appointment and tastefully painted and decorated with local art. AC is included and the bed was very comfortable. Plentiful hot water. Really delicious complimentary breakfast which is different each day of the week. But what really makes this hotel stand out is the service. The owner/manager, Michelle, made a point of coming to the breakfast room to greet each guest personally. She is charming, funning and a pleasure to talk with. Once hearing of my business objectives in San Pedro Sula she made herself fully available to helping me accomplish them, sharing her wealth of local knowledge and assisting with transport. She made several recommendations that made my morning much more productive and I will for sure stay at Hotel San Juan for all my future travel to San Pedro. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 June 2013

Attention to detail exists with a good desk staff, although their English was less than adequate. Their owner manager Michelle Panameno is a very dynamic young woman who has vision, and desire to make each guest a personal guarantee their stay will be exceptional. I found the room pretty good with all the things expected. Breakfast needs some attention as sharing the experience with staff members and kids was more than I wanted. Regardless it is about rooms here and you will find your stay gratifying. If in doubt. Get hold of Michelle and you can be assured she will convince you there is no other better property in San Jose Sula.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Bentley1Seattle
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I was traveling with some family friends and this was our first night in San Pedro. The check in was flawless, and they served us a glass of ice cold water, which was perfect timing upon our arrival.

The rooms were clean and nice. I was in a double room with A/C. The A/C is perfect and chilled the room in less than 20 minutes for a perfect nights sleep.

The breakfast was nothing short of spectacular, with only a few scoops of runny eggs and barely a spoonful of refried beans. There was bread but with no spread. We ended up going across the street to the supermarket and got some baked goods.

This hotel is a perfect spot if you are only in the city for one night, then heading out somewhere else in the country. I would highly recommend that you visit the supermarket to stock up, which is just across the street.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank MaverickBenz
Reviewed 17 January 2013 via mobile

During 2012 I had to travel quite frequently to San Pedro Sula. I have stayed at Hotel Boutique San Juan and ever since my first visit I was taken by the coziness and great personal service I received. Now days I call it my home away from home. They accommodate all my needs, they even know how many pillows I need! Their great costumer service shows all the way to the guard on the door. Very accessible to all places in SPS, great price and most of all I can feel at home when I stay there!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Calypsso99
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I had booked a hotel room for my arrival from the States, and when my husband met me at the airport and we left the airport parking lot, we were a bit nervous because neither of us know the city very well, and weren't sure we could find the hotel. He knew a few different places in the city, so he navigate to an area close to Barrio Los Andes, and then we just wandered around for quite some time trying to find our hotel. I'm pleased to say we DID finally happen upon it, but it would be nice if the route were more clearly marked or described somewhere!
The room was very clean and tidy, and my husband really liked the closet space, especially if we were to have been staying a little longer. We were in an end room, so we only shared one wall, which was a little thin, but not so much more than many Honduran walls.
We went for the breakfast in the morning and didn't find much that appealed to us, but I also believe we arrived in between batches of breakfast, so we ended up just drinking juice and heading out on the town to find something a bit more to our liking. The staff was fairly polite and helpful, and check-in/check-out was seemless.
Overall pretty satisfied, though we will probably look for something a little closer to the airport next time and try to escape some of the traffic.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple