“Great experience for kids”

Blue Harbor Tropical Arboretum
Ranked #29 of 79 things to do in Roatan
More attraction details
Owner description: Blue Harbor Tropical Arboretum is home to Roatan's most exotic tropical gardens and some amazing hiking trails. Featuring the only commercial hydroponic lettuce farm in the Caribbean, exotic tropical fruit trees, large orchid collection, heliconia gardens and a conservatory with an indoor waterfall surrounded by lush tropical plants. Enjoy our pond with several varieties of aquatic birds. Breathe deep and take in nature at Roatan's tropical Eden covering over 150 acres.
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We have been going to this place for years and it has gotten better over the years as they expand. My sister-in-law got married there two years ago and it was very nice.

1  Thank mitchell1835

Reviewed 16 July 2014

great people and nothing but beautiful scenery. nothing less than greatness!!! everyone there was very nice and the ideal of fresh local veggies does good for the island.

1  Thank pete b
Reviewed 14 July 2014

It is incredible to see how in a beautiful place you can see a variety of plants (floral, fruits etcc..) perfect place to learn, taste and see about nature. My Family enjoy our trip... We loged it!!!

1  Thank Panda19792
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My husband and I went to this last week. It was so beautiful and really informative. First off though, because we are not great at planning we didn't have a confirmation before we left so the one time we bought internet on the cruise ship we had to take care of it all. It wouldn't be totally settled so we had to grab a pic off of facebook of my husband with a shirt that was packed in our suitcase. Worked like a charm and Ana found us. :-) Then of course we didn't have any cash so she drove us to an ATM. We loved the Arboretum and the Hydroponics. Helen was wonderful and fruit tasting was very cool. Then Ana was kind enough to take us to a local lunch spot. Great food. Great time. Thanks!!!

2  Thank Amy B
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My wife and I spent a couple of hours in our May 2014 trip to Roatan at the Blue Harbor Tropical Arboretum. She loves plants and I love photography, so it was a perfect place for both of us to really enjoy. There are many fruit trees in the collection, many of which are strikingly beautiful. The indoor garden and orchid collection are superb. Its a nice quiet place to soak in the beauty. We did not get a guided tour, and arrived on a weekend. The owner came out an met us, and was knowledgeable, informative and friendly. I recommend this place highly.

2  Thank Ronnie S