“Great hangout place”

Price range: USD 5 - USD 20
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Coconut Tree restaurant is centrally located just at the entrance of the "West End" area of Roatan. We are on the second level and offer open air dining with a fantastic view of Half Moon bay just just a few short feet away. Atmosphere is casual and inviting including great Breakfast, lunch and Dinner menus as well as nightly specials and frequent entertainment.
Reviewed 7 August 2018

I saw the name on the wall as "Off the Hook" and I learned later that it is the same as "Coconut Tree". I hope they change it to the correct one. As for now, I do not really care about the name, I like the admoshere, location, and the food there. The bar is always full but there are plenty of table to sit and look out at the bay. Good place for breakfast and lunch (don't know about dinner). To me and to my taste, it is the place to go when you are in Westend area (especially if you are Americans).

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 31 July 2018

Loved, loved, loved their food, but do be prepared that they will add on the 15% tax. Most establishments have the tax included in the listed price. Coconut shrimp plate... amazing!

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

First day in West End of Roatan . 2 morning dives and back for some food . My Mrs fancied coconut shrimp and that was advertised on board outside so in we went .

Nice friendly staff who came straight over to get our drinks order .

Beer nice and cold but bottled only . Not sure draft available in other places as this was our first stop .

Coconut shrimp was great as were my Chicken Tacos . Good portions.

Key Lime Pie to share after which was fab

Little rough and ready in part , ie Restrooms but staff more than made up for this . Think they were amused by a guy over 50 (me ! ) wearing an Iron Maiden T Shirt !!

Would I go back ? Absolutely

Reviewed 17 July 2018

Great spot right in the center of West End. Amazing breakfast sandwich, excellent lunch and dinner as well. Fresh fish bought in regularly. Menu is constantly changing depending on what they received in. Great place to catch up with friends, divers or locals and learn what is going on in town. $2 fresh margaritas were a hit! Very friendly and talkative staff, received some great local recommendations from them.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

Our first place to hit for food on the island. Overall - we liked it. 2 ordered fajitas - lots of veggies, very little meat. 1 ordered quesadilla - full of meat and cheese and wonderful! 2 ordered lion fish - absolutely wonderful!! Nothing fancy - we don't look for that, anyway - but good food and good location.

Date of visit: June 2018