“Drawn to light again!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Indoor garden
Indoor garden
Maria our helpful housekeeper
Bedroom #1.  Has private bathroom.
Bathroom #1
Bedroom #2
Bathroom #2
Bedroom #3
Bedroom #4 (Upstairs)
Bedroom #4 (Upstairs)
Spacious kitchen with breakfast area
Quetzaltenango at night
Pasaje Enriquez
Downtown Quetzaltenango
Santiaguito and Santa Maria Volcanoes
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

CiscoKid5...
San Francisco, California
“Drawn to light again!”
Reviewed 7 December 2016 for a stay in November 2016

My second review of this treasure in Quetzaltenago is going to be short. I was on another trip through Mexico and Guatemala in 2016 and found myself drawn back to Xela. I only wish I had more time to spend here. I feel so safe and cared for; Maria, the caretaker, is special to me, almost like an Auntie. I'm sure to be back again.
See my previous review from March/April 2016 for more details about the home. It is as advertised and better.

Liked best: Location
Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
7 Dec 2016
Robert, It is always a pleasure to have you as our guest! Thank you for your kind review. Best wishes!
A TripAdvisor Member
“Don't stay at a hotel!”
Reviewed 22 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016
people found this review helpful

This house is exactly as described! It is indeed beautiful and relaxing.

You will truly feel like you are at home away from home. Ms. Maria will make sure that you're stay is comfortable, as she is VERY attentive and kind-hearted.
We drove here and parked the car until we were ready to leave. Ms. Maria provided us with a name of a trusted cab driver that took us to Fuentes de Georginas (trust me: you want someone else to drive you there!) and to the Independence Day Fair they were having at Quetzaltenango. He and his co-worker were WONDERFUL!! I felt completely safe (and believe me: I am a huge back-seat driver-- now worries here!)
Back to Ms. Maria: she was so kind in checking in with us to make sure we did not need anything. I appreciated her information and the warm welcome at the door. It felt like a long-time friend you had not seen in a while.
The house has a formal living room; formal dining; huge (fully-equipped) kitchen and dinette table; your choice of great, comfortable and quiet bedrooms with warm blankets for those cool evenings; sunroof for a beautiful indoor garden; beautiful fresh-cut flowers await you as a welcome; beautiful terrace. Most importantly: it is SPACIOUS!
There were only three of us- and enjoyed the modern open-floor space in the house.
I cannot say enough about this house, Ms. Maria and Ms. Ana. Ms. Ana is VERY PROMPT with her responses and Ms. Maria is so cordial- I just wanted to hug her all the time.

Liked best: Ms. Ana and Ms. Maria
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
7 Dec 2016
Thank you so much for your kind review. It is always a pleasure to have guests like you! Best wishes.
CiscoKid5...
San Francisco, California
“Estrella Brillante de Xela (Shining Star of Quetzaltenango)”
Reviewed 13 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016

The house and location were great. The house is so clean and inviting. There is a safe place to park your car off the street. Close enough to walk to the Main Central Park, Mercado, and Cathedral. Plenty of restaurants to pic from, San Martin Bakery (across from Cathedral) is a wonderful place to begin your day and breakfast. Around the corner from the house is "Restaurant Albamar", a clean, no nonsense good food place. Breakfast lunch and dinner. They even have Marimba music on most nights. If you want to cook, you can, as the kitchen is completely stocked. There is a lot of activity outside the home, but in the house it is very quite and peaceful. I slept like a baby.
The internet WiFi was excellent.
One small complaint: maybe the pillows could have been a little fluffier. That is all I can mention, my stay was fantastic.
Now a special mention to Maria. Doña Maria (as I called her) is the house keeper and so much more. Doña Maria was so helpful when my stomach got sick. I felt as if my Aunt was caring for me. She also has to coolest parrot, Paco. He has a contagious laugh and funny voice. I wish I could bring Doña Maria home with me. Watch our Anna...Hahaha.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location, condition of the house and Doña Maria, the housekeeper.
Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
13 Apr 2016
Dear Robert, Thank you for Your kind review. We truly enjoyed you as a guest and hope you come back soon. Next time, please ask Maria for a fluffy pillow. We wash our pillows all the time and you probably had an older pillow. There are plenty to choose from. Thank you for staying with us.
ChaRhee
Panajachel, Guatemala
“Beautiful home in a great location!”
Reviewed 7 December 2015 for a stay in November 2015

We truly enjoyed our stay in this spacious, comfortable home. The kitchen had everything you could possibly need and more. The beds were comfortable and the linens and towels were very nice. Maria, the housekeeper, was there to greet us when we arrived and checked on us each day to see if we needed anything. It was very quiet there as well. The location was convenient to many things. We walked to the market and the grocery store several times. Xelapan Bakery is right around the corner and I think we went there all four days. Their breads and pizza were amazing! The owner, Ana, was also very attentive and was quick to get back to us with any questions we had. We would highly recommend staying here and we hope to do so again on a future visit to Xela!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The openness and how well stocked it was.
Liked least: The Internet was very slow.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
15 Dec 2015
Dear Shannon,
I'm glad you and your husband enjoyed the house!! It was a pleasure having you as our guests and hope to have you back soon!
Enjoy this beautiful holiday season!!
Ana
elcondorp...
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“clean and spacious”
Reviewed 10 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

We enjoyed our stay at this home in Quetzaltenago. Maria was very gracious with us as we had young children.

Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing