All reviewshistoric hotelbalcony facingtiny roomauthentic guatemalanplace to staychoose this hotelchain hotelsrooms are cleanavenidazonasextazone
Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

Old. Small rooms. Itsy bitsy rooms actually. Awful neighborhood. Zero everything. Not a great intro to this country but ya’ gotta take one for the team sometimes.

Tour leader said everyone goes to new part of town but he wanted to show us the old part. Damn.

Stick with new part of town and take a tour here if so inclined.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Silvia C, Gerente at Pan American Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Your opinion is very important to us, thanks for your observations.

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

The central atrium is used as reception / breakfast / dining area meaning most rooms are noisy. If you are staying when they are hosting an event eg a wedding party on Saturday night as I was, forget sleeping. The disco permeates the entire building. I had a room at the back but it made no difference. When I complained the next morning and asked for a discount, the management more or less said "tough". I'd find somewhere else. For the price, there are much, much better options.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Silvia C, Gerente at Pan American Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2018

Mr. Stokey, thank you for your comment. We are sorry that your stay was not 100% pleasant, in the same way we regret that the courtesies offered to your person in payment for this bad experience were not to your liking, let us know in detail your comments to the following email certificapaname@portahotels.com, Your information is very important, have a nice day

Reviewed 23 October 2017

Stayed for one night (family of 4 adults two rooms). The hotel of course is interesting when you first arrive. We got one room on the small side (no problem) overlooking another building (we didnt open the window as there were no screens so bugs may come in). We had a full bed, bath and an unusually ample walk in closet. There was no AC but a roof fan. Wifi was free and breakfast was not included (the only place in in Guatemala that we found that). We choose this hotel for its location and because we wanted to stay relatively close to the airport for our morning flight; In that sense it was a good choice. I wasn't impressed at all by the hotel, I mean, it had character but our inside room wasnt at all interesting and for $80 during low season, I dont think was worth it. I will only stay here if I get a good deal.

Room Tip: I guess make sure you get a room with a view to the street
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Silvia C, Gerente at Pan American Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Dear Mr Silarem
I would like to thank you for your opinion about us. Your comments are very important because they encourage us to improve our service.
Respectfully,

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Came here for the first time with high expectations because I'm Guatemalan and this place has rich history. I can only talk about the food. Overall bad in taste, service was average. If you want an authentic Guatemalan plate there are better places. The hotel seems nice though.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Silvia C, Certificacion at Pan American Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Good morning Mr. Hotel Gringo Perdido, thank you for your comments, we regret that your experience has not fulfilled your expectations, we would like to correct your bad experience, please give us your email, your comments help us to be better every day.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

I have known this Hotel since I was a little boy, nice food, good service and excelent coffee! But this was my first time to get a room for a weekend. Room was nice, cozy and the bathroom had a bathtub. Service was very good and the Hotel and room very clean. An old hotel but beautiful and very well located. You have museums and Lux Theater very close.
If you can book room with balcony better.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Silvia C, Gerente at Pan American Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear Mr Elchichagt

We appreciate so much your feedback, we are so glad that your visit was as pleasant as you expected.
We hope that you visit us again soon!