Amazing place! We wanted a "different" kind of vacation and got that and more at the CTL. From the staff to the tours everything was great. Food was fresh and home-made. Tours were fun and a great learning experience.
Our cabana was comfy and had a very cool rustic feel to it.
Beautiful surroundings that make you feel like you are in the jungle!
Yes we did have some run-ins with the locals in our room...1 big tarantula in our bathroom but it's all part of the experience! hahaha.
Be sure to say hi to "Mr. Miss" the Lodge Kitty. He is a cute feline that loves to be pet. We miss him!
Laying in bed in the pitch dark listening to the howler monkeys!
Snorkeling the "cayes". Amazing!
Learning more about the Maya culture in Belize
My only complaint is that they don't have every tour available every day. We had to skip one tour and take another.
To recap it was a great experience and if you can put up with some wildlife and no AC this is the place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our eco-lodge is hidden between the Moho River, the rain forest, and Mayan villages in southern Belize. Stay in beautiful thatch cabanas with private bathrooms and verandas. Enjoy delicious cuisine prepared with organic produce from our garden. Try kayaking, birding, swimming, and horseback riding on the grounds. Connect with the people and culture of Belize on daily tours to villages, Mayan ruins, cacao farms, caves, waterfalls, and more. Or simply relax in a hammock all day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelsClick, lastminute.com.au, HotelQuickly, Booking.com, Evoline ltd and Priceline so you can book your Cotton Tree Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cotton Tree Hotel Punta Gorda
- Cotton Tree Lodge Belize/Punta Gorda