As a good friend of ours likes to say "This is a definite do over." Our group of six couples from diverse locations arrived late January for a weeks stay. Resort transportation waiting at airport. Arrived Chabil Mar to waiting welcome committee with refreshing lime drinks. Escorted to our rooms by Tiffany. Along the way she provided resort information and in our villa a detailed explanation about the villas. Ours was a two bedroom (one queen and one king), two bath with a well equipped full kitchen (marble counter tops) and living room. There is no resort dining room – meals may be served in your villa or at many locations throughout the resort. All meals were very good – the ceviche and seafood chowder were outstanding. The last night the 12 of us had dinner under a thatched roof on the end of the pier with two servers to attend to our every need. The staff was very helpful and went to great lengths to satisfy our needs. Deshaun the bartender was fun to talk with and made great drinks. The staff took great pains to learn our names. Special thanks to Tiffany, Deshaun, Natalie and Antonio for pleasant smiles and great service. From Chabil Mar it is a15 minute walk to the end of the peninsula through Placencia (size 600). Also bikes available free at resort and taxi ($2.50 US or $5.00 Belize per person). Food in Placencia is primarily Creole based. We were there during lobster and virtually all restaurants had lobster specials. We ate at Chabil Mar (Could have eaten all meals there and been more than satisfied), Turtle Inn (Very good food and service - they sent van to CM to pick us up and return), La Dolce Vita (Excellent Italian food and wine by Rome trained chef), Rumfish (very good), Omar’s (good Creole), Brenda’s (classic native Belizean Creole fair - I really liked the tamales) and Tutti Frutti (great gelato). Do not recommend Tipsy Tuna – food ok, not very busy but it took almost an hour for all food to be served (first plate in 10 minutes and the final 40 plus minutes later).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chabil Mar is the Guest Exclusive Resort of Placencia, Belize. All Caribbean Front Villas and the closest full service resort to the Village of Placencia. Restaurant and Bar, two infinity beach-side pools, private beach and pier, on-site concierge services to include tour and adventure reservations. Villas are approximately 1000 square feet of living space, include a personal veranda. Al fresco dining throught the resort. A stroll along the beach, bicycle, kayak or golf cart provides easy, at your leisure access, to all Village activities. Specialize in Destination Weddings and Honeymoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Chabil Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chabil Mar Hotel Placencia
- Chabil Mar Placencia
- Chabil Mar Belize/Placencia