Cayequest Private Tours
Review Highlights
Best snorkeling tour..... ever!

All I can say is that Mark and Myrna are absolutely the best guides. Very friendly and... read more

Reviewed 13 October 2017
rosscrandall
Woodbury, Minnesota
A day we will always remember!!

We went out snorkeling with Mark Leslie and his assistant Shane this week and it was truly an... read more

Reviewed 9 October 2017
Laura F

All reviews chocolate tour private island beans mayan family snorkeling trip lobster his assistant culinary adventure chocolate chicken infectious laugh an amazing meal chocolate farm fantastic snorkeling farm to table personal guide local guide small boat
Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

We went on two tours with Mark. Our first experience took us through the lagoon to Monkey River for a howler monkey adventure and lunch (this is a must do trip). The second tour was a snorkeling outing in open water near the private island of Frigate Caye. Mark was a fantastic snorkeling guide, showing us a number of fish, conche, coral, and nurse sharks. Once we finished snorkeling, Mark took us to the private island to swim, relax, and enjoy a lovely tray of fresh fruit. He is an amazing guide with a plethora of knowledge of the area. I really cannot say enough positive things about Mark's professionalism and tours. We had so much fun with Mark. If you are in Placencia, you really must contact Mark for any of your tour needs.

cayequesttours, Owner at Cayequest Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2017

Greetings,

Our heartfelt thanks for such a great review. This is what encourages us and keeps us going.

You're always welcome back to Placencia.

Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

We went out with Mark to tour the Monkey River then a few days later we booked him to take us snorkeling. You couldn't have asked for a better guide. He's very well-versed in the history of the area, of the ongoing efforts to preserve this beautiful part of the world and of course he is a lot of fun. We always felt like we were experiencing nature where very few had ventured. And we always felt safe and well worth the fees for the tours.
When recommending going to Belize, Placencia in particular, I will always include Mark as a connection to explore this part of the world.

3  Thank Ontha O
Reviewed 13 May 2017

We recently used Cayequest Tours for their snorkeling/culinary adventure and we are so glad we did! Mark picked us up in his boat from the dock at our resort and took us about 16 miles from the coast of Placencia for an unforgettable experience. The snorkeling was incredible. We got to see rays, sharks, crab, squid, and some of the most colorful fish we have ever seen! After snorkeling, we went to Pumpkin Caye, a private island, to hangout and have lunch. The time spent swimming and relaxing at the island was amazing and the food Mark cooked was great. When lunch was finished we snorkeled again near the island. Mark is an outstanding guide and chef. His tour is a must do if you are visiting the area.

2  Thank cruz602
Reviewed 12 April 2017

We booked a snokel/lunch trip with Mark and Myrna of CayeQuest, located in Placencia, Belize, while on a cruise in the western Caribbean. Our ship docked at Harvest Caye, which is a private island owned by the cruise ship company. Mark and Myrna managed to meet us despite obstacles that discourage local arrangements. Cayequest provides a very private experience—there were just 2 of us although they can accommodate 8 to 10. They took us to a lovely island where we snorkeled and ate a great grilled fresh fish lunch. Mark and Myrna know the area extremely well. Mark grew up in Placencia and is familiar with its waters. You will be comfortable and safe in Mark and Myrna’s hands. We recommend them without hesitation.

4  Thank charlie5k1
Reviewed 11 April 2017

We scheduled Mark for two activities. The first was the chocolate tour and tour of the ruins. We were the only two on the tour with him. It was very interesting making the chocolate learning about what is in the chocolate and how in the United States our food industry wants to control us by the ingredients they put in our chocolate in the United States. It made great sense the reasoning of things. I was also impressed that Juan at the Chocolate farm told and showed a pictures of his visitors that he had on a kind of quick demand tour-Jimmy and Rosalyn Carter and of course all the secret service. This was just after Jimmy announced his brain cancer he had. It was said that President Carter went on a diet of the products of the chocolate from Juan's farm and that helped to cure President Carter's cancer. I haven't been able to double check that as all the info on line talks about an experimental drug President Carter was on to cure him but the way our healthcare lobby and influence is in the United States I tend to be a believer of the chocolate idea especially when the photo was shown and there was no photo shop there. After the tour we had a great lunch provided by Juan's wife of foods that were all grown on the farm and went from farm to table. We had chocolate chicken, beans and rice, palm hearts,and what we call pig weed cooked like spinach. It all was very good! I didn't tell my hubby what was on the menu prior because I was not sure how he would feel about "chocolate chicken". The ruins were nice and luckily Mark slowed his pace to keep us middle aged persons from wearing out too fast. He explained of things about the Mayans and their civilization it was good. The last stop on the tour was of a Mayan family and a tour of how they live. I guess I can agree with others that said before they felt a little trapped to buy some of the souvenirs from the family and my hubby beat feet so I was left to look. When I saw how they live as a family and the obstacles that they go through such as when the creek dries up there is no water, when their dog was tied up outside their sleeping quarters it was killed by a jaguar, I am just a softy so I bought a couple things but I doubt it will make a difference in my budget but hopefully help theirs. I brought the necklace back from Belize and gave it to my grandaughter telling her the story of our tour. Even though she is small yet I think it made an impression on her about how the necklace was made, etc.
Just a couple things that stood out in my mind: When Mark received a cell phone call he pulled over and stopped to talk. That impressed me. I am not sure it is a law or not but most of us don't stop for cell phone calls.
If you have to go to the bathroom and he is coming up to some gas stations and tells you it is only about 15 minutes can you wait. Say no. Those last 15 minutes the road is really rough. If your bladder is tough wait otherwise be prepared to be uncomfortable.

1  Thank Bullymama