“Amazing honeymoon”

Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Placencia
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Amazing honeymoon”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

We spent a week here for our honeymoon. It was beautiful and the service was wonderful. We spent the majority of our days just relaxing out in the hammock on the dock. Unforgettable experience! I would return at the drop of a hat. So relaxing and romantic! My only issue was we were traveling in August and our beachfront cabana was not as breezy as I would have hoped, so it was a bit hot while sleeping at night.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Writing this review, I can't help but want to return to the Singing Sands to relax on the beach and eat at the Bonefish Grill. Having traveled extensively and ate at too many restaurants to count, I have to say that the Bonefish is one of my top 5 ever (and best in Belize without question)! The Asian fusion was spectacular and we enjoyed everything on the menu. The cabanas were clean and charming and exactly what you would expect in a relaxing beach vacation. The grounds were beautiful and the hammocks were decent (I consider myself a hammock aficionado). I have to say as good as the amenities at the SSI are, it's the service that will have you in awe. Everyone that works there was the friendliest and most accommodating staff I have ever had the privilege to meet. We truly felt welcomed there by everyone from the owners down to staff (including our little iguana buddy). I'm very thankful that we chose the SSI and I think you would be too. Thanks Maya and staff, it was a pleasure!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Steve C
dallas texas
Reviewed 31 January 2012

All the other reviews are on target abiut the service, atmosphere,etc. I would just caution you that if you need A/C or TV this is not your place, they dont have it which is why we love it.
If you are going to relax and are Comfy w/o TV and A/C, you will love the place. Rent the golf cart for a day or rent a bike ( on premise) to explore the area. Go to Mangos for a cold draft Belikan and hang with the locals.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank vinogringo
Claremore, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed 29 January 2012

My husband and I decided to have a destination wedding and chose Singing Sands Inn for the ceremony and reception.
The wedding was so beautiful, more than I could have asked for. Maya was up early the morning of the wedding making sure the flowers were arranged and everything set up perfectly. I will have to post pictures to show how gorgeous it really was. We loved the resort and restaurant. It was a quiet, peaceful and relaxing stay. We really enjoyed ourselves.

We stayed in the Sea view cabana and loved the decor but had problems with bugs (not much you can do about that) and the shower was finicky, a few us ended up having to take cold showers. But other than that it was very comfortable and clean.

The staff was excellent and very attentive to our needs. We were traveling with our then 6 month old daughter and didn't have any problems storing milk or food.

Overall a great place and a great value. After spending over a week there and seeing other resorts we were very glad we chose Singing Sands!

Room Tip: Cabanas 1-3 have the best views.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Rachael Y
memphis
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I stayed at the singing sands resort from dec 16 2011 to dec 24 2011. I have traveled around the world and stayed at many places. That being said, singing sands provided the best service I have ever seen. They got it right in so many areas, I don't know where to start.

Staff
The resort has a top of the line staff on hand. They are very personal and make you feel at home. The first day I checked in, the staff already knew who I was. I mean from the bartender to the cleaning staff. The staff goes out if their way to make sure you are having the best vacation possible. The first day I was there, the grounds keeper came up to me and offered me a fresh cocoanut from the tree. The staff never had a bad attitude and greeted me with a warm smile every time I seen them.

Service.
The services they provide are top notch. I will start with their tour services. They have a book of tours they provide which range from exploring the ruins and hiking to snorkeling and scuba diving. All I did was tell them which tours I wanted and they took care of the rest. They provided the ride, drinks, meals, and guide. I took a tour everyday I was there. The resort also provides same day laundry service, superb house cleaning services, scuba gear, kayaks, and bicycles. The resort also provides wireless Internet and I was able to Skype back home.

Rooms:
The rooms are how a Caribbean resort should be. They use the same building techniques that the local Mayans use. It gave me the feel of not being at a hotel, which is what I wanted. The rooms have no tv, which is a plus. The shower of my room was a private outdoor, but enclosed, space. The rooms were beautiful simply put.

Food service.
The resort provides a restaurant that it top of the line. I will do a review on it, but touch on it lightly here. The menu provides dishes that range from Asian background to local eats. They start breakfast early with coffee at 0630. They serve lunch, happy hour treats, and dinner. The bartenders on hand can make any drink you can think of. They close the restaurant at 2200, but never rush you out.

Scenery.
The look of the resort is like eye candy. The resort sits right off of the beach, do you have instant access. The water is so clear that you could see the bottom. It was only wavy a couple of days. The groundskeeper keeps the beach in from of the beach seaweed free as well. The resort also has a dock with a bar on it, although they did not open while I was there. There is a Hammock on the dock, which I spent a great deal of time on. There also have hammocks on the beach which were nice. They kept the sand raked, and the walk ways clear of sand.

Extra
Down the street from the resort is a bowling alley and a local bar. A few miles down the street is a local town. The town has a karaoke bar, gift shops and Caribbean cooking.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends