All reviewsworth a stopwifi worked wellroom was cleanair bedsdanafansfridgegarifunaoceanhopkins
Reviewed 20 July 2017

I really enjoyed my stay at D's Hostel, her and her family were kind and welcoming to me and helpful when I wanted to know things about the town & transportation. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable air beds. The property is close to the beach and close to amenities such as local shops and restaurants. There are fans in the room and she provided me with a nice towel and bed sheets. The breakfast was a good size bowl of fruit and some toast which was perfectly sufficient.
There were multiple dogs on the property, at first they could seem quite daunting however you will soon realise that they are all friendly and are good for security. If you are wary of dogs just wait by the property and she will be along to move them as she did for me.

Very kind pleasant lady and her family, would recommend staying there, also the wifi worked well.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 June 2017

I paid about $50/night. Cash only--no credit cards accepted. Huge room. A/C. Wifi. Fridge and kitchenette. Large bathroom. One of those electric showers with weak pressure but guaranteed hot water. Good central location overlooking a park and the ocean. Walking distance to restaurants, stores, and the Scotia Bank. Family that owns the place lives onsite--the "D" stands for "Dana," one of the owners. Very nice woman, can give you plenty of advice. Only complaint I had is not being able to pay with credit card...

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 April 2017

We stayed here for one night on our way to Hopkins. We had a private room which faced the sea. Dangriga is OK but not for swimming. It is a real Garifuna town so worth a stop.
We were travelling by public bus so this D's Place was handy being 10 mins walk from the bus station.
Di is very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: A room at the front
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2017

Kindness and friendly approach to visitors is the main advantage of this place. The owner is always smiling and willing to help. The hostel is located almost at the shore, with a small park next to it, so the view is great. Climb up to the roof to get the best of it! We were a little sceptical, because dorm beds have inflatable mattresses, but to be honest, they are very comfortable. Good vibes in this place!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 December 2016 via mobile

Really enjoyed our stay. Rented beautiful private room. Very clean. Donna, the owner, is very gracious. Felt very safe and secure (right across the street from the police station). Good value for the money and close to downtown.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple