All reviews botanical gardens jungle lodge horseback riding macal river fire tower cave tubing mayan ruins atm cave on site tree house meal plan pine ridge exotic birds day trip all inclusive package zip lining there is no air conditioning
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

I was hesitant at first about this resort having no AC but we were so active with awesome adventures during the day and the rooms cooled down (helped by fans) in the evening that we all slept just fine! The employees are happy and eager to help. The tour guides go above and beyond to make sure that your excursions are awesome! The grounds are beautiful! Located in a botanical garden right off of a river this place is DREAMY! And the $2 happy hour drinks don’t hurt either!
We fed toucans out of our hands and a
Watched wildlife from the breakfast deck. I loved everything about it! (Except for the scorpion, but no one got hurt! And it’s all part of the adventure, right?!) Is definitely return!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Brandy D
Reviewed 2 July 2018

My husband and I had a great time spending a few days here on our honeymoon....everything was perfect. The food was delicious, all the employees kind and helpful, the accommodations clean (we stayed in the Tree House), the excursions very well coordinated, the grounds stunning (my husband is ambivalent about plants, but even he asked to spend a lot of time walking the grounds and gardens). We would stay here again in a heartbeat. We also loved being able to take a dip in the river after a long hot day in the jungles :)

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank rejethom
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

We decided to vacation in Belize this year. We wanted to experience the jungle and the beach. For the jungle we decided to stay here at DuPlooys. Everyone has been very friendly, very personable and loves to share about their culture. We did the all inclusive package and stayed at the Mopan Suite. Everything was very nice and clean and we enjoyed having the porch area. The food has been good, the portions aren’t huge but enough. The tours have been great. The tour guides have all been on time, super friendly and extremely knowledgeable. Do we miss AC and cable? Yes. But with the Windows open and the fans on it hasn’t been too bad. The current weather high has been in the low 90s. It’s actually in the low 70s in the morning so it’s very pleasant. The facility has a few areas where Wi-Fi is available so that helps. We did find out today that the property has been sold and a new owner is coming in. I hope they keep things the same and keep the current employees. I’m super glad we decided to spend some time here!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2018

We knew that this would not be a luxury resort from the website. There's no air conditioning in the rooms and only the necessary amenities. But it was great! The lodge is small. The staff are very friendly! The tours offered are well organized and with great guides. The location is also great. Right near the river. The kids loved going tubing down the river. The food was authentic but with enough variety to suit everyone. And the grounds are just fabulous. Well maintained. The botanical garden next door had lost to offer and great views from the fire tower.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 18 May 2018

I was staying in town and met the staff shuttle to go through the beautiful grounds. Happy to have spent a few hours enjoying the butterflies, birds, and other wild life I spotted while high up in the forest having coffee after my hike. If you can afford to stay there 1 or 2 nights would be really nice there.

Room Tip: It's a jungle lodge, rural location to San Ignacio need a car or shuttle to town.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo