“Great vibe! A neighbourhood bar for locals and travellers!”
Review of Serendib

Serendib
Ranked #14 of 85 Restaurants in San Ignacio
Price range: USD 1 - USD 15
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Sri Lankan
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Right next to the mall and by Polly? Pizza restaurant. I am Indian and not a huge fan of Indian food -- but randomly this was the BEST SOUTH INDIAN food I have ever eaten!!
Reviewed 14 July 2017

I walked into this bar because I could see and hear from my hotel window good music and people having a terrific time. The bartender/owner Justin is a friendly guy who quickly became my favourite bartender. He makes drinks whose names I have never heard of! We had the pleasure of drinking and eating here a few nights and fell in love with San Ignacio because of the warm and welcoming spirit of this bar. People seem to never want to leave and come back in droves year after year. The food is seasonal amd delicious and the atmposhere is welcoming after a long day of touring Mayan ruins. I will return again Iike most travellers because it felt just like home.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

A meal to remember! Initially my curiosity was sparked by the notion of seeing a Sri Lankan restaurant in the middle of San Ignacio. Little did I realize Serendib has been somewhat of an institution for over 50 years! Over this time, it has developed quite an innovative unique range of flavors combining the best of the sub-continent and Sri Lanka with the best of Belize and Central America... I ordered dinner twice in the same night! Great vibe, friendly staff. Felt like fine-dinning but at very reasonable prices considering the quality! Highly recommended.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

Had the chicken in lemon butter sauce. DELICIOUS!

Friendly and helpful servers.

The eggplant dip is great as well.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

First day in San Ignacio was so wanting a cold refreshing beverage. I stopped at Serendib and had one of the best margaritas that I have had for a very long time...even in the States... The young man that brought me the margarita was very friendly. We started up a conversation, which I learned that his mother had another restaurant down the st. Erva's, which also had awesome margarita's. Very friendly...Diffidently will go there again..

Reviewed 6 March 2017

They were nice allowing us to eat even if it was very late, but food was not amazing and the place is kinda dark. Service ok. Easy to reach as it is placed in the central road of the town.