Review Highlights
Great guide and great tour of ATM cave

Reserved our tour from the US, paid nothing in advance, showed up on the day of tour and everything... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Petr6533
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Great company and guides

My wife & I did 2 tours with Pacz and had an amazing time both days. The day trip to Caracol was... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Aaron B
Vancouver, Canada

All reviews juice atm cave tour bob jones day trip office staff border crossing picnic area chicken sandwich overnight tour great guide mayan culture tikal ruins skeletal remains crystal maiden belize guatemala via email an incredible experience
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Easy company to work with. We booked our tour on line, no problems. Ramos, our guide, picked us up at our hotel. We visited both Xunantunich and Barton Creek Caves. Ramos was amazing, so much knowledge to share, request him! Good transportation to the locations.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

We booked a tour for an overnight at Tikal in Guatemala (March 15-16) through PACZ Tours. They picked us up at our hotel in San Ignacio, Belize Thursday morning at 7:30 am. We drove to the Belize - Guatemala border where our guide, Hugo, walked us through the procedures. Then to Tikal, a fantastic site. We had lunch, relaxed, and checked into our hotel (The Tikal Lodge) while Hugo took a day group on their tour. Then it was our turn and the tour was quite involved. After the tour, we had a quick dip in the hotel's swimming pool (cold but nice), dinner, and bed. Hugo arranged for an early coffee for us before taking us out on the sunrise tour at 4:30 am. We walked to one of the pyramids, climbed the wooden steps, and were greeted at the top by a thick fog. Although we didn't see the sun rise, we were serenaded by howler monkeys, green parrots, countless other birds, and some sounds we couldn't identify. Toucans sat in nearby trees ignoring us. Curious spider monkeys spied on us from their canopy branches. It was hard to believe that we were in the jungle and chilly.

Bob Jones at PACZ told me that with his tour all we needed were "our passports". And that was quite true. All expenses were included in his quote: transport, drivers, guide, border fees, lunch, dinner, and breakfast vouchers, hotel at Tikal, park fees, and the sunrise fee. Drinks beyond the voucher were yours to pay. It was very organized, efficient, and Bob was true to his word.

A word about our guide, Hugo. He is very knowledgeable and passionate about the Mayan culture and history. I liked that if he didn't know something, he told us that and didn't try to make something up. He pointed out animals, trees, and birds -- with the stories for each of them.

To sum up, PACZ Tours and Bob Jones deliver what they promise. And Hugo made the experience memorable. Thanks, guys.

2  Thank JoeW48
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

My family of four used Pacz Tours for the ATM Cave tour in the first week of March 2018. The office staff replies to email and questions in a very quick manner and our tour left promptly on time, though we returned an hour earlier than we had been informed. I had read similar comments before so was left wondering if part of the tour was rushed or if a different guide would have provided a slower pace with more information and a warmer experience.

This is a larger tour company with multiple tours going each day and at times I felt that, particularly after having experienced the smaller special touches that other tour companies provided. It will greatly come down to your guide, we had Manny who was entertaining and ensured the safety of our group at all times, but could have likely provided a bit more information on the Maya, caves and geological formations and a couple less shadow tricks in the caves.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

I took 2 tours with Pacz - Tikal and ATM. Not sure what else I could ask for in a tour. Well organized, comfortable transportation, good guides and great locations.

The Tikal tour price included everything, including Guatemala and Belize exit/entry fees. I did not even need to change money.

I was a solo traveler and Pacz did a great job of getting me on tours. I was on the Tikal tour when my Caracol tour companions cancelled. By the time I came back to the office, owner had booked me with another tour company. He then took me over to introduce me to them. The little extra service allowed me to keep my itinerary and was much appreciated.

1  Thank Scitzo
Reviewed 17 March 2018

We went on the ATM cave tour, which was a singular experience, not to be missed! However, our tour guide started us off on the wrong foot. There was almost no communication as we got into the van to begin the drive, and halfway there, there was some miscommunication and misunderstanding, and the tour guide refused to take any responsibility for his role, deflecting all blame to the office staff (who had no part in it). It really put a sour taste in our mouth to have someone as our cave tour leader, who was so immature and irresponsible, and difficult to talk to. Luckily, our experience in the cave improved, and tour was an overall positive, but it was in spite of the tour guide, and not because of him. We would not choose to book with Pacz again.