All reviews island expeditions nice pool gift shop international airport poolside bar breakfast buffet shuttle service beds were comfortable coffee maker the air conditioning water taxi belize yvette computers stopover states refrigerator
Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

Ok, hotel on initial view is clean, staff are laid back and friendly as you would expect in Belize. Room was a double and comfy, decent tv, coffee on tap, no complaints on that front.
However, the food menu is bizarre. And suspect the chef doesn't taste or inspect food going out. Breakfast every morning was a farce. Long waiting times, for mediocre helping, and apparently the English breakfast is a continental one. Yuk. Anyway the only safe choice on the menu was eggs and toast, everything else seems to be covered in sugar or some horrid jam concoctions??
Don't expect proper milk as everything is either condensed or uht, understandable in the climate but surely fridge lorries exist here??
If your room is anywhere near the pool don't plan an early night, you can be kept awake by lots in the pool at any hour of the am on return from the pub. Or maybe a function is being held like a cocktail party u had no intentions of joining lol. Or perhaps steel drum bands are your thing? Practice night is Tuesday as I recall, loved the pink panther at 11ish. Not.
For what it is its food is extortion, car parking is inadequate, food is slow and nothing like the standards you would expect at home.
It's saving grace are the staff who try their best under poor management conditions.
The old saying you get what you pay for is untrue of this hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank steve p
Ted T, General Manager at Best Western Plus Belize Biltmore Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sending us your review. We are happy that you loved our hotel and the room. I take your feedback on the food very seriously and I am addressing it with the Chef and food and beverage immediately. Please note that as of this Monday the food will be first class.
Please note that we are working in enclosing the bar with glass walls very soon so that the noise can be contain in this area. We understand the loud speaking of the guest can become and issue and it is being address.
We thank you for bringing these issues to us and please note that we are working in addressing each of your concerns.

Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

The Hotel has a pool and a very good restaurant. It was clean and the staff was very attentive. Unfortunately the street is under construction what makes very difficult to walk around. It’s near the International Airport and have a complementary shuttle.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Virginia S
Ted T, General Manager at Best Western Plus Belize Biltmore Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the review and greatly appreciate all comments.
At the moment the highway is under construction but it will be enlarge when finished with a side walk which will facilitate walking from the hotel to other business.
We do provide a shuttle but it comes with a cost depending on where you wish to go. Please let us know when you are visiting us once again.

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

I am here for three nights and am finishing my stay. The staff is very nice if not totally laid back, and my room is very basic if not shabby. Think $10 pink lamps and blue walls with white chips in the paint.

Food at the restaurant isn't that good and the service is extremely slow. The day I arrived I ordered a soda with my lunch twice and it never arrived. At breakfast the next day, I made sure that I got a cup of coffee, but they use canned mik. My Thanksgiving dinner was better and they were more attentive.

Anyway, not all of Belize is like this.. I was at the Radisson just before coming here, and it was a completely different experience.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Ted T, General Manager at Best Western Plus Belize Biltmore Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review are addressing all the concerns outlined on your review.
We thank you and hope you give us another opportunity.

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

Nice room, comfortable, bed was a bit too soft for my taste. Some staff were fabulous, others average. Breakfast was good, not great. Dinner was good. It rained the entire time so I didn’t try the pool. Bar drink was good.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 November 2017

Great place to stay! 4th trip to Belize this year and 4th time staying at this hotel. No complaints at all! Each morning they dust the outside wooden railings and sweep/clean the pool!! That says alot. You can also hire the Shuttle out for trips to some of the outer districts.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Ted T, General Manager at Best Western Plus Belize Biltmore Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your 4th visit with us. We are the premier hotel in Belize City and our housekeeping prides themselves with great cleaning. We are happy to see that it is noticed.
Our shuttle is there for our guest for any trip they might require around the city or country. There is a cost to the trips but safety and security is our priority.
Please don't hesitate to contact us for your next visit.