Best Western Plus Belize Biltmore Plaza
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Bachelor Inn(Belize City)
View Hotel
Royal Orchid Hotel(Belize City)
  • Breakfast included
Chateau Caribbean(Belize City)
  • Pool
Embassy Hotel(Ladyville)
View Hotel
St. George's Caye Resort(St. George's Caye)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Royal Palm Island Resort(St. George's Caye)
View Hotel
All reviewsisland expeditionsnice poolgift shopinternational airportpoolside barbreakfast buffetshuttle servicecomfortable roomswater pressurecoffee makerthe air conditioningtaxi driverwater taxibelizeyvettestopoverstates
Reviewed 25 August 2017

We always stay here when we're in Belize City. It's the nicest hotel in the city and has 24-hour secured parking. The rooms were recently remodeled and the hotel has a beautiful courtyard area with a swimming pool and bar. The restaurant food is pretty good and we appreciate the room service!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank S7420IJedwardl
Ted T, General Manager at Best Western Plus Belize Biltmore Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment and greatly appreciate it. We are embarked in renovating the entire hotel for the enjoyment of our guests. Presently the restaurant, gym, lobby and 80 of the rooms are fully remodeled. Presently we are working on the pool area and will be finishing the bar very soon. We thank all our guest for their understanding.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Back again, lost track of number of visits. As always improvements are being made during each trip. The gym has been slightly expanded. They were doing construction by the bar. It is now a Best Western plus. No complaints. Mr.Tejada is doing a great job. The Wifi is strongly improved over previous visits. No buffering or lost signals.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Ted T, General Manager at Best Western Plus Belize Biltmore Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review. We are definitely doing lots of upgrades for the comfort of our guests. We have completed 80% hardwire and wireless interest in the each individual room. We should be finished with this project by the end of October. Each room will have its individual router to give interest access within the room. We thank all our guest for the patients and support that they have been giving us here at the Biltmore Hotel. Thank you once again.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Room was decent for the area , however it wasn't comfortable. The bathrooms were dirty . The shower looked like it had not been cleaned in months. The bathroom stayed humid the entire night even though we had the ac blasting. The locks on the room were not strong enough and kind of loose and wobbly . The bed was comfortable except for the fact that I woke up with bed bug bites and we also found dead bugs on the bed when we arrived . We ordered 2 Belikin lights and they gave us 2 originals. We ordered pineapple on our pizza and it didn't come with any pineapple. We only ate 2 slices of the whole pizza.The wings were actually good but we both had diarrhea a few hours after eating .

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 10 August 2017

Based on what I read prior to my trip, I did not want to spend any time in Belize City. But with a 7:45am departure flight, I felt that we had no other viable option so I researched hotel options and travel forum input on Trip Advisor.

Like many, I was a little freaked out about all the stories of crime, gangs, etc., so I made plans with some trepidation. My family flew into Belize City a week earlier on a red eye, and then we waited an hour in the airport before flying out again on a Tropic Air flight south to Hopkins.

I was torn between the Best Western Biltmore and the Ramada, based upon reviews, but ultimately I decided to book at the Best Western since it was closer to the airport and seemed slightly better from reviews I read. That said, it is a very simple, basic hotel (motel?). It was FINE. Not bad, not great but it served our needs. After having spend 4 wonderful days on the beach in Hopkins and 4 days in the jungle in the Cayo district, spending our last night in country at the Best Western felt like a bit of a let down (but necessary due to our departure). I never saw the Ramada or any other hotels so i can't share an opinion about them.

We were arriving by van from Cayo and were dropped off around 5:30pm. Check in was easy and friendly. The woman working at the front desk was helpful and explained options for transportation to the airport, wifi logins, and apologized for construction underway around the pool and near our room. I had booked the room and paid ahead of time via trip advisor, and there were no issues concerning payments, etc. Our room was as described, with 2 queen beds and working air conditioning. Our expectations were very low and all I can say is that the room was fine. The room was relatively dark and fairly well worn, but the bathroom was fine, towels were provided, there was a working safe, etc.

The pool bar area was undergoing construction but it was open for business and there were about 10 people relaxing around the pool. My son and I swam for about 45 minutes before dinner and I had a few drinks from the bar. The staff there was very friendly.

We ate dinner at the restaurant on the property and it was fine. The menu is pretty extensive so there's something for everyone...from pasta to lobster. Many surprising random dishes I didn't expect to see in Belize. We ended up ordering a few pizzas and a pasta dish, all were pretty good, although unnecessarily expensive for what they were and where we were. Ordering and service were slow but out waitress was friendly and apologized and delivered whatever we asked for. Construction around the pool stopped as it got dark, so noise wasn't an issue at all.

The 2 queen beds were soft but pretty comfortable. My biggest complaint about our stay was the condition of the sheets and the bed. We are easy going seasoned travelers, but multiple stains on the sheets made us wonder if they had even been cleaned. We slept fine. The next day I did notice multiple small red bite marks on my feet, ankles and legs (they weren't there before), but I cannot be sure where they came from...the bed, eating outside? I'm suspicious though that it was bugs in the room.

Departure went smoothly the next morning. No issues at checkout. The shuttle van arrived about 15 minutes late and was too small to fit all the groups heading to the airport at the same time, so they had to retrieve a larger van, which took another 5-10 min. We all barely fit but the ride to the airport is short and we still arrived with plenty of time.

In the future, I'd prefer to avoid Belize City altogether and come in just in time for a departure flight, but I was subject to the one direct flight per day, so maybe that's not possible. For $197 (USD, including tax), the Best Western has a far higher image of itself than my family and I suspect most people who stay there. It felt safe, which is what we paid for in the long run. As I said, the hotel is FINE, if you find yourself in my same situation, I can recommend it...just manage your expectations.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Scott M
Ted T, General Manager at Best Western Plus Belize Biltmore Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the review. Very comprehensive of your stay. Our rooms are spacious and have all the amenities of a Best Western. We have presently upgraded all our sheets to triple sheeting. I am sure that the bites on your leg did not come from any bud in the rooms as this is something we do not have. We have notice this issue with returning guest who receive sand fly bites. These are small bugs that are around coastal zones in Belize and you do not notice the bites until the following day. You can apply hydrocortisone or calamine lotion directly to the bites to help them heal and reduce itching. Oatmeal baths and aloe vera can also soothe itching.

We thank you for the review and please don't hesitate to contact me on your return. My e-mail is gm@belizebiltmore.com.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

We stayed here our last 2 nights before flying back home. There aren't many hotel chains (nor are there luxury hotels) to choose from in the city that's close to the airport and this was one of 3 of the higher rated places that was recommended online and by others we asked in Belize.

Our first night we were given a room downstairs by the pool and near an ice maker. The room smelled of mosquito spray (I think). What made our night difficult was having the ice maker dump ice every hour of the night or so it seemed. My wife and I woke up constantly. The staff were very accommodating, however, and gave us an upstairs room the following morning. What a difference! We had high ceilings, no smell whatsoever, and there was a bathtub.

What impressed me the most about the hotel was the restaurant. Everything was good. I really enjoyed their pork chops. Breakfast was good too. I had the french toast. My wife shared pancakes with our boys.

Room Tip: Get an upstairs room and not near an ice maker
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Ted T, General Manager at Best Western Plus Belize Biltmore Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the feedback. Greatly appreciate the comment on the ice machine. we will definitely find a solution to this problem. We are happy that you enjoyed the Biltmore Bistro. We hope that you visit us once again.