“Absolutely Amazing Trip with a Crew that Never...”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Bryan E
Edmond, Oklahoma
“Absolutely Amazing Trip with a Crew that Never Stopped Amazing Us”
Reviewed 27 May 2017 for a stay in March 2017
person found this review helpful

Our law firm scheduled a retreat for 8 of our senior attorneys and decided on this company to charter a boat and crew. We had no previous experience with overnight private charters. We planned to spend half our days in planning meetings and half our days playing.

Our included transportation from the airport was on time and helpful. The moment we arrived at the marina, we met Captain Jesse and Hostess Kainie. The boat was beautiful and everything that was promised, but I can't emphasize enough that this trip turned into a perfect 10 because of the staff.

Jesse was fun and laid back except when he needed to be on point and safe. Kainie prepared the most incredible meals. They were healthy and exciting and seemed to appear at just the perfect time. We would be in the middle of meetings and hot homemade muffins would just appear out of nowhere.

The crew knew when we needed private time and joined us when we wanted to laugh and drink. Within the first day, these two were our friends and not the crew.

They helped us select stops and we invited them to join us at a dinner one night in San Pedro. We swam with sharks, hung out on a beach, and laughed so hard we cried.

By the way, they didn't ask us to write a review so this is as real as it gets. If I had to give a complaint, the bathrooms/showers were a bit small, but again, we had never chartered a catamaran so we just didn't know what to expect.

Kainie kept the boat incredibly clean 100% of the time. She would serve us this incredible food and we would go back inside and our rooms had been made up. I'm not sure how they did it.

We are planning on going back and doing the entire trip again. I'm sure they are in high demand, but if Jesse and Kainie are available, they are the best of the best.

Jesse always had security under control and we never had anything shocking happen at any time. Kainie never stopped smiling and even allowed us to borrow her clothes in a pinch.

If we could give more stars, I would.

Craig M
“Good boat - GREAT people”
Reviewed 25 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

We sailed on the 47' Luna Sea and had a blast. Snorkeling, fishing, sailing, exploring, and eating (oh the food!!) were all spectacular. Ellis and Clodia made sure we had a great trip. Many thanks to both of you.

FredFormo...
Port Coquitlam BC Canada
“Over the Top !!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 9 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

It was our 30th Anniversary .....and it will never be forgotten. The only way to see Belize is on a 9 night sailing adventure with captain Ruben and 1st mate Christina!!! They were unBelizable . Ruben knows the waters and everybody on them and every island . Together Ruben and Christina did everything to make our trip the Best that it could be . They were so good in so many ways ....fabulous dinners ... ceviche (mmmm....) we caught fish ... spent days on fabulous deserted islands ... snorkelled with sharks and stingrays and the Nicest Coral I have ever seen . Ruben and Christina did more than just look after us ...they became became our Friends .
Our friends Brian and Donna came with us to Celebrate our special anniversary .....on our last night we were not ready to go home home ....Ruben and Christina keep saying after each day " the Best is still to come " and they delivered !!!!!
We can't say enough about our Belize Sailing vacation .....please Call me if you want any information about our great experience

Fred Formosa 604-2905464

jturner88...
Angel Fire, New Mexico
“See the real Belize!”
Reviewed 5 May 2017 for a stay in November 2016
people found this review helpful

Note: I've written the below review of my own accord - BSV is a great option and deserves a great review, and didn't ask me to write any of it! :)

My wife and I got married late October 2016 and booked a charter through Belize sailing vacations for 4 nights, 5 days on a 43' Fountaine Pajot catamaran, one of many in the fleet BSV offers.

If you're reading this and considering booking, perhaps you had the same concerns as me (at least if you are inexperienced with this sort of thing as I was). Being my first charter booking, and of course doing most of my research online, my biggest concern was with making sure what was advertised and represented was in fact what we'd get as an experience. Happily, I can say that this was in fact the case down to every detail. Everything went exactly as advertised, and in line with expectations. BSV are real people with a real attitude of hospitality in mind. When I initially booked, I spoke directly with the owner of the company, and he was able to reassure me not just with more information about booking and what to expect, but was willing to satisfy some of my curiosities about how the business worked and investment possibilities with chartering, etc.

A few other major concerns in booking the catamaran was the quality of the boat, and who would crew it. BSV has a lot of boats to choose from in the fleet - if you book with enough advanced notice, you can pick what you like and the team will explain exactly what you're getting. We got photos of the boat in advance, and knew what we were choosing to pay for. We chose an older boat - we didn't want anything really fancy as I wanted to know more about actual sailing and sort of "see" how everything worked with the sails, anchors, navigation, etc. Our boat was sort of the "Toyota 4runner" option, which is exactly what we wanted -rugged, functional, and built to sail. BSV has a lot of other fancier boats too, if that's what you're looking for - we got to tour a beautiful Lagoon 50' that was a lot newer. It was amazing, but glad we chose the boat we did - we might try the newer boats next time.

We also very much wanted to be sure we were crewed with a professional staff that would be aware of the context of this trip. It was just my wife and I, and stay on the catamaran was part of our honeymoon plans. We knew there would be two crew (captain and chef), and then just us, so it was extremely important that we got GOOD people, who we could interact with/get along with, and who knew how to be professional.

Suffice to say, we got that, and much more. Our crew were Daniel and Ellen, and both were absolute professionals, and extremely humble, down-to-earth people. Technically, we just paid for a crewed boat, but in actuality we got people we could sit down and eat with, and laugh with, and go out on adventures with, and get to know as new friends - so much so that we would definitely come back, and having the same crew would be a large reason why.

I had a lot of questions about the boat, and my wife wanted to know all about the local areas and different cayes. One important thing to note - both Daniel and Ellen are locals, born-and-raised in Belize. This may not sound like a big deal, but it really makes the trip that much more interesting and comfortable, because there isn't anything they don't know how to do or to take care of, and they know all the right people in all the right places. At one point, I'd realized I had a set of car keys that needed to get all the way back to the resort hotel (Las Terrazas) where we got married. Imagine, there we are out in the middle of the water on a boat, and I've got car keys that need to go 30 miles back up the coast. Daniel took care of it - he took the dinghy into San Pedro early the next morning and had his own brother figure out how to get the keys back to my father-in-law!

Daniel is an expert captain, and knows the entire coastline like the back of his hand. We stayed in a different spot each night, and never bothered with the marinas - everything we needed was right on the boat, and we just spent our time hanging out and reading on the trampoline at night, listening to the water lap up against the boat hull, and enjoying the breeze. We stayed in the mangroves and saw the dolphins and manatee swim right up to the boat, we visited several cayes, and basically just got to see all of the coast. We even went to shore to see a local aquarium and also checked out the town of Caye Caulker.

I wanted to fish, and turns out Dan likes to fish too. He knew all the spots to fish with rod and reel, but also taught me how to spearfish, which was easily the highlight of the trip for me (if you know how to snorkel, and you know how to follow directions, he'll take you. If you do go, listen up to what he says and follow instructions, he's an expert and you'll be catching dinner before you know it!)

The food and service was amazing - Ellen is a professional chef, and presented us with local fare and different dishes (including fish/lobster that I (ahem, I mean Dan) would catch that day:)! Preparing meals that were at the level of quality we had takes time, and Ellen knew how to work in the kitchen, and was pleasant and approachable the entire time.

Really cannot say enough about this crew - it's simple for us - put us around people that have some class, and know how to be down-to-earth, and kind, and we'll enjoy it. And Dan and Ellen absolutely knocked it out of the park. If you book, request them and you won't go wrong. Handing those guys a cash tip at the end of our trip for all of their efforts was some of the best money I've ever spent.

Please feel free to contact Belize Sailing Vacations if you need a personal reference or recommendation - they should be able to put you in touch with me via phone or email.

Thanks,

Jason

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Mobile687...
“Absolutely stunning luxury vacation!”
Reviewed 4 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017
people found this review helpful

Daniel and Sarah's expertise and gracious hospitality made our family vacation unforgettable. We were totally at ease with Daniel's command of the boat, knowledge of the water and geography, and comfort with sailing. Sarah could be a captain herself and was kind and generous with her time and knowledge. Her cooking was truly 5 stars and each meal was beautifully presented and delicious. We snorkelled, spear fished, kayaked, caught barracuda, spent time on local islands and ate and drank a lot. I highly recommend the trip and Daniel and Sarah!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing