“Amazing boat trip with awesome staff, couldn't...”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
eberschin...
Seattle, Washington
“Amazing boat trip with awesome staff, couldn't have asked for more.”
Reviewed 20 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

We just finished a fabulous trip on the “Jack Sparrow” with the crew of Dave and Corey. We had a great time and don’t think we could ever get a better crew to guide and feed us than those two. We loved our itinerary of snorkeling, kayaking, fishing and of course sailing. We actually hated to get off the boat because we had so much fun. Those guys catered to our every need and made every minute very enjoyable. We look forward to a future trip.

Todd P
“One the best vacations ever....”
Reviewed 13 March 2017 for a stay in February 2017

A completely different kind of vacation. A cross between camping and a 5 star hotel experience. Got the chance to see different sides of Belize, with our excellent guides of Matt and Ellen. Snorkeling everyday. Fishing, Dolphins, and Sharks. Breathtaking private islands and beautiful blue water. We had an amazing time with good friends and hosts. Would recommend it and hope to be back.

Your age range 50-64
Lisa G
“Unbelizeable Epic Retreat”
Reviewed 11 March 2017 for a stay in February 2017

Belize is breathtakingly beautiful! We set sail for 5 nights on Halcyon, the 43ft catamaran and it was the absolutely epic! The boat was clean, comfortable and everything we needed was provided for us. Our vacation involved some of the best experiences, gourmet food, and incredible times by Captain Matt and First Mate Ellen. Ellen ensured that each meal she prepared for us was exquisite and she prepared everything to perfection. I ate food I said I'd never eat: shrimp, fresh caught fish, conch and lobster. Captain Matt has excellent sailing skills and extensive knowledge of the reefs and knew his way around the islands creating memorable adventures. Matt and Ellen both worked the sails and we were able to learn a lot about sailing itself with their expertise. We sailed to many of the Cayes of Belize; which included but not limited to, Rendevous Caye, Caye Caulker and St. George’s Caye. Our days were filled with snorkeling, paddle boarding, fishing, scuba diving, a beach massage and meeting local people as we went inland to the Cayes to enjoy a little of the local flair! Speaking of fishing, we caught a Cobia; Matt was overjoyed!! That was dinner and it was amazing! Our evenings were spent anchored down capturing the most beautiful sunsets, sharing stories and life’s experience while Matt and Ellen were totally engaged with us. We had many tropical drinks, wine and beer served up daily. I would highly recommend this vacation to anyone who wants beauty, service, wonderful accommodations, and interaction with the local people of Belize. We made priceless memories and Matt and Ellen are like family. We can't wait to take another sail with Matt and Ellen with Belize Sailing Vacations to once again experience the waters and friendly places of the southern part of Belize. My goal was to see Dolphins and not only did Matt find me Dolphins, I paddle boarded with them!! This was my most incredible, dream come true, memory of the entire trip! Don't forget to ask Matt for the 'Dolphin Finder' shot :).
My only suggestion would be to have a blue tooth speaker on the front of the boat as it's hard to hear music from that there. I truly miss Ellen's incredible food that she served us!! Hope to see you very soon.

DayTrip69...
“Incredible Breathtaking Experience That Will Bring You Back To Belize!”
Reviewed 8 March 2017 for a stay in February 2017

Belize is about as exhilarating as one can only imagine until seen personally! We set sail for 6 nights on Halcyon, the 43ft catamaran and it was the absolute best vacation we have taken! The boat was luxuriously appointed, comfortable and everything we needed was provided for us. Our vacation involved some of the best experiences, gourmet food, and incredible times by Captain Matt and First Mate Sarah. Sarah ensured that each meal she prepared for us was exquisite and she prepared everything to perfection. Captain Matt has excellent sailing skills and extensive knowledge of the reefs and knew his way around the islands creating memorable adventures. Matt and Sarah both worked the sails and we were able to learn a lot about sailing itself with their expertise. We sailed to many of the Cayes of Belize; which included but not limited to, Tobacco Caye, Rendevous Caye, Caye Caulker, San Pedro, and St. George’s Caye. Our days were filled with snorkeling, paddle boarding, fishing, and meeting local people as we went inland to the Cayes to enjoy a little of the local flair! Our evenings were spent anchored down capturing the most beautiful sunsets which were spectacular. We shared stories and life’s experience while Matt and Sarah were totally engaged with us. We had many of the “painkiller” drinks served up daily and music was always available. We would highly recommend this vacation to anyone who wants beauty, service, wonderful accommodations, and interaction with the local people of Belize. We made priceless memories and Matt and Sarah are like family. We can't wait to take another sail with Matt and Sarah with Belize Sailing Vacations to once again experience the waters and friendly places which dreams come true! Remember…It’s not the destination, it’s the journey and in Belize it’s both! “GO SLOW”, “Time Stands Still” and “ Unbelizeable” See you in 2018!!

Your age range 35-49
S B
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Wonderful Vacation, Even Better People”
Reviewed 2 March 2017 for a stay in January 2017
people found this review helpful

Let me begin this by stating that this company and vacation are so good... we immediately booked to return to Belize Sailing Vacations as guests two weeks from when we left. And we were back in mid February. It was that good.
My husband and I first heard about this company after stumbling across an article in Conde Nast Traveler. It sounded exquisite. I had my reservations about staying on a boat for a full week. Would I get sea sick? What is the bathroom situation? What about being on a boat for a week with people that we have never met? Etc. I did my typical research on TripAdvisor. My routine is to dive right into the negative reviews. (I want to know what is the worst thing that I can expect to encounter.) As I recall, the reviewers almost always responded, "The worst part of the vacation was having it come to an end." That sentiment being repeated over and over is what changed our thoughts on 'four nights on the boat' and 'maybe do a hotel for the rest of the time'... you know...just in case it isn't quite what we expected. We worried that we would feel as though we missed out if we didn't give the boat a full week. I AM SO GLAD that we took the chance. I cannot tell you enough what an amazing experience it was, and just how much you will enjoy it. It is such a departure from hotel life in the most wonderful way possible. We were in control of the adventure of our lives. You like an island? Ok. Stay a bit. You want to move on and see something new every day. Go ahead. Snorkeling/Scuba in the most beautiful places with tremendous sea life? Check. Islands/Beaches that can only be described as paradise? Never ending. Night life? Sure. Millions of stars out for you to feast yours eyes on without a city light in sight. You got it. The most fun, kind, and interesting people you will ever meet? They are every person that you meet along the way. Delicious food? Every.Single.Meal.
But, here the the biggest reason to give this a go....
Ellis and Clodia.
Ellis is...Superman. He made the trip an absolute dream. He was so much fun to be around. He made me (a sea novice) feel completely safe and relaxed knowing that he was at the helm. His knowledge of sailing and Belize are incredible. He even escorted a newer sea captain in order to help them learn to navigate a path that they have never sailed. (This was our projected course and a captain asked his permission to follow us) :) My husband thoroughly enjoyed fishing with Ellis. Beyond his obvious skill as a captain, Ellis is known EVERYWHERE. He is a popular guy and people loved to say hello to him. You kind of feel like you are walking with a bona fide celebrity.
Clodia never ceased to amaze us. I started out thinking, 'Clodia is the chef.' Yes. Clodia is the chef. The BEST chef. The food was so delicious. There was incredible variety. And she loves her coffee, so if you do too, you won't be disappointed with your morning cup. But, she is so much more than that. She is a skilled sailor. She is a dive MASTER. She has a degree specializing in marine life...Etc, etc. She is honestly one of the most interesting and smart women that I have ever met.
When we left, we were sad to leave behind Belize, Luna Sea, the food... but we had the hardest time saying goodbye to Ellis and Clodia. We made wonderful friends that we hope to see again.
If you were wondering about Luna Sea - What a beautiful boat. So much space. Big bedrooms, comfortable beds, nice bathrooms. We loved to see her anchored off of islands that we were visiting. Truly beautiful to look at.

Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing