“Would do it again in a heart beat”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
BobT18038...
Boston, Massachusetts
“Would do it again in a heart beat”
Reviewed 28 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016

We (2 adults, 1 teen) spent 5 days aboard the Aubisque and had one of our best vacations ever. It was our first trip to Belize, and our first sailing charter. We will absolutely do both again, and we'll do it with Belize Sailing Vacations.

Pre-trip was incredibly easy. Cliff, Rachael and Mandy patiently answered all of our questions and helped us through the process as rookies. They also recommended places for us to stay and things to do prior to boarding the Aubisque. We felt very comfortable that they were working to assure the best vacation possible. The pre-trip check list was great, and on the trip we could tell how important it was to the planning that went into our trip. Our food and activity preferences were matched to at T.

Our captain and crew / cook, Ellis and Christie, made the trip for us. I think if we spent 5 days in a row boat with them, it still would've been a fantastic trip. Both smiled and laughed with us the entire trip, sharing stories of their homes and their favorite locations. Ellis plotted a course to places that perfectly matched our activity preferences. He knew how the weather would respond and took us to places that we were just amazed by. He pointed out things that we would've never seen and even gave us a bit of a lesson in sailing. Christie was a perfect compliment. Before we even thought about what we may want, it was there. Towels, snacks and maybe a beverage or two. She prepared 15 incredible meals, each one fresh and flavorful. We were lucky to leave with a new recipe or two. Now we'll have to see if we can actually replicate them. She knew our preferences and tailored them perfectly - I'm allergic to shellfish and my teen isn't a big fish fan - so each meal was made with us in mind. As I said, we will absolutely sail again with BSV and we'll be requesting Ellis and Christie to be our captain and crew again. It really wouldn't be the same without them.

We did more in 5 days that we would've imagined possible. Five different snorkeling spots, two kayak trips, hung out with the manatees, visited Caye Caulker and San Pedro, all wrapped around fishing and sailing the bluest water imaginable. While snorkeling we saw the most amazing coral - much more alive and vibrant that we saw in the USVI's and BVI's, tropical fish, spotted eagle rays, turtles and many other sea creatures. The kayak trips let us see things slowly and up close - star fish, cow fish and even the tiny sea horses in the mangroves. On our last night, we finally caught fish, including a Cero Mackerel which became the appetizer and main course that night.

If it is your first trip to Belize from the US, as it was for us, traveling there was easier that we thought it would. Most people speak english. There isn't really a need for currency exchange. 2 Belize dollars = 1 US dollar. So if entry to Mayan Ruins are 10 Belize $, you can hand the park ranger $5 US and be all set. Getting around is easy and people are hospitable, friendly and very proud of their great country.

In summary, we'd do it again as soon as we are able, and wouldn't look at any other operators to compare to Belize Sailing Vacations. I can't imagine anyone does it better.

How easy was it to book the property?
Travelling group: Extended Family
JennRat
“I wish I was still on the boat with Michela and Francesco!”
Reviewed 27 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016

My husband and I signed on to this trip because we were happy to spend 5 days with the two other couples who had already committed to go. They're 4 of our favorite people, so of course, we'll go-guaranteed good time! But, I didn't anticipate how amazing the experience would be. Both Michela and Francesco provided an incredible vacation. I felt completely at home from the first. Not like a customer but like a guest. As I described to friends upon our return, Miki took care of us like we were guests in her home rather than chartered clients. And she cooked like she should be doing that for a living! I had assumed that meals would be pretty basic on a catamaran...oh no, every meal was eagerly anticipated! I took home recipes and tips. I really can't say enough. I knew it would be hard to leave the 2 other couples who had chartered the boat with us, but I had no idea it would be hard to leave our hosts, Miki and
Francesco. Thanks so much for an unforgettable 5 days!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Libby S
Nashville, Tennessee
“Absolutely WONDERFUL!”
Reviewed 27 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016

My husband and I along with four friends vacationed with Belize Sailing Vacations on a four day charter. I honestly don't know where to begin....This was our first charter and it certainly exceeded our expectations. They were even able to fulfill a last minute request from my husband to have lovely flowers in each cabin for Valentines Day and they met us with a smile as soon as arrived at the boat. Our crew was AWESOME! They were a married couple from Italy, Francesco and Michela, and they were FABULOUS! We felt completely safe and in great hands with our Captains sailing ability and the first mate, Michela, was outstanding! They both absolutely made our trip!!!!! I truly believe that your crew is a HUGE part of the whole experience and we couldn't have asked for better. Along with being the first mate, Michela was responsible for all of our meals and more importantly our drinks! She was an amazing cook and every single meal and snack tasted incredible! The diversity in the drinks was incredibly impressive and we never went thirty or hungry. They went above and beyond to fulfill all of our request. Our cabins were clean and I don't know how she did it all, but our beds were made and bathrooms were all tidied up as soon as we returned from breakfast. They both were super friendly and made us all feel completely at home! It was as if we were traveling with our long life friends!
I will say that I wish all of the details on the front end were made a little more clear and not so vague. Thank goodness I ask a lot of questions....but other than that it was an incredible vacation and we will definitely sail with them again.

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: everything
Travelling group: Large Group
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
DuluthDoc
Duluth, Minnesota
“Most relaxing vacation ever”
Reviewed 25 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016
person found this review helpful

We went for a week and could have gone for much longer. The food was amazing, Claudia was a gourmet chef, and we asked for her recipe book at the end of the cruise. The crew was so flexible to accommodate anything we wanted. The beds were comfortable and the place felt like home. Andy was a fantastic captain, allowed us to do as much or as little as we wanted. From just a day of sailing, a dive trip to a spa treatment at Caye Caulker, they were able to arrange anything. We would definitely do again with this company. The trip was easy to arrange and they replied quickly and answered all of our questions right away.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The food was amazing and the sunsets over the ocean were incredible
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Tom P
Sahuarita, Arizona
“Best Vacation Ever... they spoiled us”
Reviewed 1 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015
people found this review helpful

We took our ASA classes on the 50' Sand Star. Awesome Catamaran with our great crew Cliff, Rachel and Ruben (Sandwich) made our week.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing