Open today: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Review Highlights
Advanced PADI diving course and rec dives

Who ever said that old dogs can't learn new tricks... Well they aren't old!!! Took my advanced open... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
Ruth G
Black Diamond
via mobile
Day tour diving blue hole

Everything was perfect. Nothing to complain. 3 dives ( blue hole + 2 other near dive sites) . Lunch... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago

from USD 1,650.00
from USD 90.00
from USD 110.00
More Info
All reviews blue hole half moon caye dive master dive shop open water refresher course these guys padi certification lighthouse reef night dive rum punch red footed boobies great teacher safe dive experienced divers marine life boat ride
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Great day! We did the Blue Hole day - which includes 3 dives (with, of course, the Blue Hole, and also Half Moon Caye Wall).
First, because it starts really early you are the first (and only) divers at the Blue Hole, which is amazing and makes for a much better experience. Particularly as the Frenchies Diving group is small and split into even smaller groups which go down after one another.
Second, the lunch stop (delicious and filling lunch provided) on the Half Moon Caye island is incredible. Again, you are likely to be the only boat there and it is an amazing little island, the water is beautiful.
Third, the last 2 dives around Half Moon Caye are packed with marine life! We saw Caribbean reef sharks, turtles, rays, lobsters and a lot of fish. Definitely one of the best dives we'd ever done in terms of the marine life and coral.
Third, the atmosphere was great - staff was very helpful and knowledgeable, spent a lot of time on safety but made sure the whole experience was fun! We had drinks and nachos on the boat on the way back :)

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I have been on heaps of dive trips around the world and can honestly say this is one of the best I've experienced. We went out on the Blue Hole trip which is a 10 hour day but all of the guides make sure you're comfortable there entire day. From little touches like coffee and breakfast at sunrise, a great lunch on the beach at Half Moon Caye and even rum punch and chips on our return. It's little touches that add something special. All guides were knowledgeable and gave a good briefing before each dive with little reminders on how to have a nice stress free dive. Im so impressed and loved the day! Nice work guys! (Tip - make sure you take a walk to see the birds on the lunch stop! Not many of the group ventured out but it's pretty cool plus you see huge Iguanas on the walk and can grab great photos)

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 25 March 2018

I have dived with Frenchies before and have had a great time (and I have written them great reviews).
However, their email/website communications are terrible. This time I filled out their reservation form online, provided credit card info, was told when and where to be, and exchanging 5 additional emails, I arrived at 4pm the day before (as I was directed to in the emails) only to be told I didn’t have a reservation and they had no room for me. Why tell me when and where to be if I’m not on the list? Whitney does their email and website communications (poorly). She is the one that screwed up my reservation and had a bad attitude about it. I should have known, I don’t think she realized who I was for many of the emails (she repeated herself and asked dumb questions, I bet she just lost track of who she was talking to). If you read all of Frenchies reviews, you will see this is a common problem. So, how does she still have a job? I think she is the bosses girlfriend.
Frenchies is a great place with a weak link - that can completely screw it up. Better triple check your reservation. But the guides are great. Sam is awesome.

Date of experience: March 2018
Frenchie's D, General Manager at Frenchie's Diving Services, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Hi Robert,

We understand you are not happy because you didn't get to go on the Blue Hole trip. There was obviously a miscommunication with the emails. We understand it was not clear to you that you had to answer back to reconfirm. We have read the emails that were exchanged. You did not only email us but also sent in your reservation form. You also didn't mentioned you had already sent in a reservation form. You specifically asked for afternoon dives; which we do not offer. As we have read the emails it was communicated to you on the last email that we don't offer afternoon dives. She also let you know which dives we had scheduled along with information on each dive trip. You did not reply to that email saying whether you were okay doing those dives. That's where the miscommunication was. She did not let you know that you had to reply nor did she tell you that you had a confirmed reservation. She was obviously expecting an answer from you whether you wanted to join either trip. Also she didn't respond to you with a bad attitude and we have confirmed that with the other that were around. She tried to explain to you what happened.

As a dive shop it is our duty to ask every person who emails if they are certified divers and when was the last time they were diving. We don't think those seem like dumb questions. We do it for our divers safety.

There was no need to bring up ones personal life. We will make sure emails are more detailed when answered so that confusions and miscommunications like this happen again.

Also pictures of the online reservation and emails were upload.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Extremely friendly crew. Lui, Carlos and Sam were awesome. Blue hole takes the glory but the dive in the Half Moon is much better.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

I have been scuba diving with Frenchie's 3 times now - they are consistenly amazing. Like a well oiled machine, they help the divers get ready, check skills, and always know the best places to go. A word of advice: book ahead! I always do this and its so much more relaxing to have a bit of a plan. This time we also booked a last minute snorkel trip for our less adventurous friends which we loved equally as much as diving!!