Pelican reef has the perfect mix of luxury & self-service, roughing it & luxury.
We went to San Pedro after 4 days in Northern Guatemala and then 2 days in the jungle in Belize. My wife and I were traveling with our two sons (ages 6 and 9). We arrived about 2 hours early b/c TropicAir is way too efficient. So we caught Terry (the hotel manager) off guard she was really apologetic that she was not prepared to give us a proper welcome and have our names on the welcome board and have the staff prepared to meet us. But they grabbed our bags and she laughed and asked for a do our and the staff came out and introduced themselves and they had our name on the welcome board. We all got a kick out of it as they served us rum punch.
The resort has approx 24 rooms, but some are lived in my the owners. So it is an intimate experience. The beach is a nice hard sand beach. there is grass in the water...You don't come to Belize for the beach (hit up Saint Martin if you want a nice beach).
the kayaks and bicycles and other stuff if included. Just grab a bike or a kayak and go...no charge. NO problem.
The location is awesome. Far enough out of town to be quiet, but close enought to be ther in 5 minutes on a bike or golf cart (which they can arrange for you to rent).
The dock is a great pickup point for daily activities. Our kids were snorklers. The marine reserve is literally 4 minutes by boat. (We saw sharks, rays, morays, turtles, and tons of small aquatics - Seafarious tours rocks!)
The rooms are top notch..perfect. But beware they do have rooms on the ground floor. I would never stay in a room on the ground floor...so if this is also a problem for you then be sure to specify.
The only complaint I would have is that the breakfast and lunch service is too slow. I don't have the time for an hour lunch or breakfast...
I heard lots of people saying things like "Oh I hear it is dangerous" in Belize r something like that. We felt much safer in San Pedro then we ever felt traveling with our kids in most parts of the USA.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come Experience Luxury! Swaying Palms, sandy beaches, and warm ocean breezes welcome you to Pelican Reef Villas. Experience unparalleled luxury, and service that is raising the standards, in one of our 2 or 3 bedroom villas. Pelican Reef Villas blends deluxe amenities and breath-taking views with a discreet location 2.6 Mls South of San Pedro to give your trip seclusion with real panache! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Pelican Reef Villas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Reef Villas Hotel San Pedro
- Pelican Reef Hotel
- Pelican Reef Resort
- Pelican Reef Villas Resort Belize/San Pedro