i just returned from a return trip to belize and absolutely loved xanadu. the staff (we worked a lot with the fantastic jamil) was incredible and they worked with great companies for excursions. we used their recommendations for snorkeling, diving and a trip to lamanai. everything is easy as they just charge it to your room, and that includes an overwater spa for massages that is a quick walk from the property. (treat yourself!) they also gave great restaurant recommendations. the dock is a great place to sunbathe with the breeze to cool you off. this is the same spot the tour companies will pick you up for excursions (very convenient). i didn't realize until i took a quick look before we hopped in the taxi to leave, but they have a cool bird sanctuary with an elevated bridge similar to one in the amazon!
we started in room 9, which is on the 3rd floor and is a beautiful 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom beauty. we loved it! due to availability we moved to a 2 bedrm loft, which was not quite as nice as the other room (not as modern and the layout wasn't nearly as nice) but we loved the hotel so much it didn't matter to us.
we loved having bikes available free of charge, and we also used the ocean kayaks (free, too). across the street they have a delicious grilled chicken stand and we also ate at rico's which is on the water and a quick walk from the hotel. since this hotel has kitchens, we biked down to a fruit stand that makes salsa (yum) and blended fresh pineapple juice for us (great for cocktails). one cool thing about this eco-friendly hotel is they have 3 gallon bottles of water that you can buy (saves on a bunch of little bottles needing to be recycled) to replenish your supply.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique, Boutique, Romantic and Eco-friendly! Imagine tranquility settling over you like a mist over the ocean; kick off your shoes and stroll amongst the natural vegetation past the water features and onto the beach. Breathe in the fresh ocean air as you wander down the long pier to relax on the sun loungers under the thatched palapa and gaze out over the barrier reef to the deep blue waters of the Caribbean Sea. Settle in and experience the uniqueness of the monolithic dome buildings and enjoy the romantic setting of your private veranda. When you are ready to explore, visit the friendly staff at the front desk to arrange tours or to use the complimentary bicycles, paddle boards and kayaks. Experience all this at the unique, boutique, Green Globe certified Xanadu Island Resort – a touch of luxury and romance in harmony with nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Booking.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, Agoda, lastminute.com.au and Cancelon so you can book your Xanadu Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize Hotel San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Hotel
- Xanadu Island San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize/San Pedro