All reviews monkey business restaurant el golf cart the staff was friendly and helpful ambergris caye beach chairs in town downtown san pedro sea grass explore the island great trip scuba diving full kitchen other resorts fish pools divino
Reviewed 25 July 2016

If you are looking for a nice hotel Banana Beach it is. If you looking for a hotel far away from Down Town San Pedro, the hotel is definitely out of the way. A long 30-45 min walk away or longer depending where you want to go. Taxi's are hard to come by, and there was never a gulf cart to rent. We would usually start walking until we could flag a taxi down. The pool water was freezing and sad that there was really no view while sitting by the pool.
The only thing that made me mad was the fact that I had 3 total in the hotel room. 2 of the breakfast meals was paid for. I informed them that due to food allergies I would not be able to eat breakfast so I would be happy to give my ticket to the 3rd person. The informed us that another ticket must be purchased whether we ate or not. A waste of money. Would I stay there again, No, probably not. I enjoy the night life way to much. But over all its a nice place to stay.

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank gailfriend2015
Reviewed 16 July 2016

This was our first trip to Belize, and while this resort is not smack in the middle of all the action, it isn't far away. Great location, quiet, cozy, anything you could possibly need. Best part about staying here is that when you experience one of the regular power outages, this is one of the few hotels that has a generator running all night so you have electricity, water and AIR CONDITIONING. Staff is great, and the tropical feel of the resort is perfect for family or couples. Regular sightings of resident Iguana as he sits on the massage hut daily posing for pictures ;)

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christina F
Reviewed 16 July 2016

This is my second time staying at the Banana Beach Resort. The positives: I like that it is a 30 minute walk from the town center because it is calm and quiet. The restaurant there had decent food. It has a beautiful oceanfront with a pier and little beach area to swim. The negatives: The rooms were old and dirty. The wifi was not working until the last day. On day one of 4 of our visit, I let the reception know that the batteries in the remote didn't work, a light blub in the main room wasn't working, the pullout bed was atrocious, and the toilet wasn't flushing. Only 2 of my 4 complaints were fixed...and not until our last night there! They never gave us new batteries and never changed the light bulb. They never fixed the toilet, so it smelled like feces in our room the entire time. We could not use our own bathroom and had to use the one downstairs. They did put a new mattress on the pullout, but not until the last night. The old mattress would fall through the bars, making for extremely restless and sleepless nights. I will not be returning to this hotel when I come back to San Pedro.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank nextstop99
Reviewed 14 July 2016

This place was very clean, ac worked great and when the whole island was out of electricity they had a generator that kept everything on (especially the AC). The only down fall was the free breakfast was the same exact plate everyday - we were there for 7 days so it got old quick. All employees were super nice. The water at the beach is always a little cloudy because the cut from the reef is right across from it - the water is clearer the closer into town you get.

Room tip: The rooms do not have wifi - only by the pool or the office
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tashia E
Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

Stopped in for dinner on a sunday night. The food was outstanding. It's a little upscale but you can still get a (monster) burger. The portions are huge, the ceviche was gigantic. I had the chefs special, a great twin lobster tails that didn't disappoint. Walked around a bit and the hotel grounds seem very clean.

Date of stay: June 2016