We stayed at Caribbean Villas for three nights and had a very pleasant stay. Transportation to and from the dock/airport was included, and while the hotel knew of our plans, we did need to ask the person at the office of the water taxi to call the hotel for us to be picked up. No big deal - just something to be aware of (though this may be attributable to the driver getting stuck in traffic behind a political campaign parade). The location was perfect - within walking distance of the town (about 15 minutes on foot, under 10 by bike), and removed enough to be in a nice, quiet area, secluded from the main road by a windy dirt path though the trees. Bike rentals were free from the hotel - a huge plus.
We originally booked the simplest type of room that they had available and were surprised to be upgraded on check in to a 6 person apartment with a full kitchen and private beach-view balcony. Though we didn't need the space, having a kitchen was a pleasant surprise.
The staff were very friendly, accommodating, and accessible. The woman at the front desk was happy to help us book dinner reservations (in this case, for Hidden Treasure, which sends a car/golf cart to pick you up) and tours (we took the snorkeling tour at Hol Chan, including the shark and ray alley). It was very convenient that the boat for the snorkel tour picked us up at the end of the hotel pier.
I would definitely return to Caribbean Villas - thank you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Caribbean Villas Hotel on Ambergris Caye has comfortable suites/rooms with Caribbean views, beautiful grounds, a large sandy beach all within sight of the reef. Whether you want a romantic vacation or a getaway from the crowds, a spell of renewal or a stepping stone to adventure, we can cater to your needs. With an onsite Dive Shop on our dock to arrange Scuba and Snorkeling excursions, and the Belize Sailing Center on the beach with Sailing, Kayaks, Paddleboards and Windsurfing & Kite surfing rentals, there is no lack of activities for adventure seekers. Or just relax with an oceanfront massage from their onsite masseuse. Our full-time concierge is available to book any mainland tours including Reef & Deep Sea fishing, Jungle Zip-lining, Cave-tubing and Maya Ruin tours. Golf Cart rentals are also available on site. Guests also have access to two fresh water pools, the only Waterslide on the island and the on-site restaurant which serves gourmet Caribbean and Belizean cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Caribbean Villas Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribbean Hotel San Pedro
- Caribbean San Pedro
- Caribbean Villas Hotel Belize/San Pedro