Ramon's was all around great! the location and the beach are the highlights for sure. You can walk to town in minutes. They also have by far the nicest beach. We were always able to get a chair. You can snorkel off the end of the pier and see amazing fish anytime of the day.
The restaurant was OK, we got the beach cookout one night which was good, but a bit pricey. Luckily you can walk to a million other places in a short amount of time.
The staff was always helpful and friendly. The guys at the dive shop were really great, setting up a special trip for us as well. They also jumped in after a camera that blew off the edge and helped me dry it out with the scuba tanks.
The rooms were a bit off. We stayed in room 13, it was a corner cabana and one of the few that had a TV. As there are no windows to air things out, the thatched roof rooms do have a specific mildewy smell when you first walk in. It is not noticeable after a few minutes. The only other complaint was the shower getting hot and cold as other people mentioned. Not a huge issues for me, it went away after a few minutes.
We saw a few other places during our stay and I can't imagine trading the location and beach at Ramons for any other amenities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ramon's Village Resort is the premiere beach resort in San Pedro, Belize featuring authentic Palm Thatched Cabanas, fabulous beach, lagoon style pool, Ramon's Village Divers scuba diving center, Pineapples Restaurant, Tropic Al's and the Tiki Turtle Trading Company. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Ramon's Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramon`s Village Hotel San Pedro
- Ramons Village Hotel
- Ramons Village Belize
- Ramons Village San Pedro
- Ramon's Village Resort Belize/San Pedro