All reviews sea lice plunge pool private island casa ventanas overwater bungalow our honeymoon tiny island butler service fish belize airport private place the trade winds nurse sharks spa treatments total relaxation another guest spent days
Reviewed 12 November 2015

We stayed a Cayo Espanto 6 days and it was wonderful! The Houseman Jonathan was professionally attentive. The Houseman sees to your every need. The fee includes lodging, mixed drinks non motorized water activities, food, etc. They have everything. People have written about the sea lice. They are baby jellyfish, and seriously, you pick them right off. Just stay away from the grassy water and you will be fine. We went on the hoby cat, the floaties, the kayak all with no problem. When we were on the floaties a couple got on us and we picked them off. I think the term sea lice makes them sound worse than they are. Be prepared... its a lot of food not big portions, just many dishes but they are all elegant. The food is very good and you will want to try everything, so be prepared to eat. The wine list is not extensive (we are in the food and wine business) but there are a few great options on the list that aren't marked up that much compared to most restaurants. If something is not on the menu, they will make it for you. Your wish is their command. The one thing they didnt seem to have was cream for coffee, so you may want to request that before you go if you like cream in your coffee otherwise its milk We have been to Little Palm Island in FL also, and it would be my opinion that Cayo Espanto is a better option in term so service and food. We stayed in MANANA for 4 days and VENTANAS for 2 days and I think I liked Manana better, but they were both amazing. Overall fantastic trip, and we will go back.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
7  Thank bobold
Reviewed 25 September 2015

Very laid back, location is right in the heart of the best diving and snorkeling that there is in Belize. Small private island has great accommodations, great food, great activities and friendly staff.

Room Tip: All rooms have a great view
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Mark M
Reviewed 6 September 2015

Cayo Espanto is the place we decided to spend our honeymoon for seven days. We started looking at the Maldives, Fiji, etc and decided on Cayo Espanto. We were not disappointed! I cried when we arrived, and I cried when we left. Looking online does not compare to the reality of this place. We were pampered beyond belief! My husband and I work very hard catering to other people in our day to day lives and here we were catered to! Anything you want, they will do it. Our housemen were Obed and Calli and they did a fabulous job! I would highly recommend them! Don't miss out on the movie night...that was alot of fun. I was worried we would get bored on such a remote island, and that was never a problem. It was so wonderful to relax and come and go as we pleased. Definitely recommend the dive trips from here. You do it in the morning so you still have your afternoon to relax and we did not feel it was an overcharge at all. Diving in Belize is like diving in an aquarium! The other thing we did was the astrum helicopter ride to the Blue Hole - also well worth the money! We live in Florida, so hope to celebrate our 1 yr, 5 yr, 10 yr etc anniversaries here!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
7  Thank MAChivers
Reviewed 18 August 2015 via mobile

We spent 10 days at Cayo Espanto where we were treated to warm hospitality, exquisite meals and an exceptional level of professionalism and friendliness from everyone associated with this unique resort. I can think of nothing negative to say about the service we received from Erica, Larry, Brandon, Frederic, Richard, Wilson and Ezekiel (a team of dedicated and friendly hosts). I highly recommend this destination for anyone looking for a quiet, restful vacation.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank John L
Reviewed 21 July 2015

I have travelled most of the world including luxury suites in the finest hotels, to cruises to Alaska, to safari in Kenya. That being said, no "five star" resort comes close to our experience at Cayo Espanto. My wife and I just returned from our first real trip alone in years (three kids under the age of 8), and I must say that we didn't want to leave. Every day was a true blessing. We stayed at Ventanas. We saw the other villas, but we liked ventanas the best. The breeze was non-stop, and the privacy was wonderful. The only thing that would have made it perfect would be a pool like the others had. Nonetheless, we would would stay at Ventanas again. The food was spectacular. Like many have said, they truly think of everything. From a portable speaker for your ipod on your secluded beach picnic, to radioing ahead with your choice for drinks after an excursion. They make sure you are taken care of from A-Z. We were even packed a lunch on our departure with water, apples, and sandwiches. The villa truly felt like our home day one. However amenities and good food alone won't give you that feeling. What gave us that feeling of the perfect "home" away from home was the staff and our housemen. I can't say enough about them. They truly care for your well being and anticipate every need. Of course my wife and I missed our kids....but not nearly as much as we thought we would :) all thanks to the staff. We didn;t want to leave, and we were so sad to go. This is the first time I was sad to leave the staff! We will definitely be back to Cayo. It is the definition of private luxury with anything and everything you want. From the secong you book your trip to the moment you leave, all you have to do is relax and enjoy. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Room Tip: Ventanas is the most private and has the best breeze as you get it from all directions. However it does not have a pool.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple