See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We stayed her for a few days and James was great, the office staff was great and the locals who hang out here were wonderful. We loved them! I talked to the owner and he assisted in giving us information on the place. There is a great bakery and store right nearby.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hanna B
Reviewed 5 February 2014

This by far, was the worst experience of my life. I travelled solo and couldn't have imagined such a complete dump. Loud music till all hours of the night, so no sleep. Still trying to figure out if I got bit by Bot flies which leave larvae under your skin. There is mud everywhere under the rooms and flies/mosqitos everywhere. The rooms are awful. Service non existent. No bikes, no food, no sleep. Just the worst experience of my life. Do not stay here. Trust me, it is worth the extra money to stay anywhere but here. These reviews are not real either. There is no way people would review this place as a good place to stay. No way. Miles from town and golf carts are $70 US a day and there is no way you would want to walk or ride a bike from this location. No beach anywhere near this property. No restaurant, no maid service, no friendly smiling faces. This area is the worst part of town and you are living like the locals here and it is filthy. Do not stay here. Trust me. I wish someone had wrote a real review like this before we booked her. Pay the extra dollars, it is worth it. Stay at the Royal Caribbean Resort, a thousand times better or even Rubys, Corona Del Mar, Sunbreeze Hotel or Pedros if you want to save money, but not BH.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
7  Thank vegaswasgreat
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

Management is great at solving issues that arise. I accidentally booked my stay on a wrong date and James helped resolve the problem. You can tell he cares about the integrity of his business. I will definitely stay here when I return to San Pedro.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We came here knowing the location, with the understanding there was free bikes as advertised! There wasn't! Its a good 40 mins walk each way into town. We hired bikes for the duration of our stay. We are long term travellers this added unnessary expenditure. Under all rooms there is water hence mosquito's! The room seemed to be the best one with TV. The other room we had was blank! If you stop here you need a bike! The chap in the bar is helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Just one at the back room 7
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights, choosing mainly as a cheaper option compared to rest of the island. A little concerned with the bad reviews however we found Belize Hutz to be of good value. The cabins are basic with bed and private bathroom, ac, hot water, nice pool and bar area and staff to be helpful. It is a little distance away from the main drag, about 20mins walk which we did everyday, you can hire bikes or get the taxi but we didn't find it too strenuous. By the way, great bakery around the corner, "The Baker". If you are after an affordable option on San Pedro this would be it.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple