“Cant wait to get back there....”
Casita outside
ocean right in front
Outside, driveway
our beach
perfect swimming conditions
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
mologo
Welland, Ontario
“Cant wait to get back there....”
Reviewed 5 November 2012 for a stay in October 2012
people found this review helpful

What can I say. Beautiful well maintained property on one of the most beautiful islands I have ever seen. Comfortable, very well equipped. The most beautiful new walk in shower ever. Windows high above feels like youre showering in the jungle. Air conditioner in bedroom and kitchen/living room was always cool enough inside even when it was 90 outside (which was everyday).
Wolfgang is a fabulous host. Anything you need he is happy to oblige. It feels more like staying with a friend. He is there when you need him and never there when you dont. Marta the housekeeper is a wonderful, warm and friendly person who even did our personal laundry and was sure to ask everyday if there was anything we needed. Eldon the groundskeeper was a very nice guy and would get you anything you asked for. Be sure to ask him for fresh coconut water everyday!
A few things to note...
Wifi was not strong enough in the Casita to power a phone or ipad. Laptops apparently do better. We were able to get Wifi on some areas of the beach in front of the main house. There are coffee shops with Wifi as well. Wolfgang also made it clear that we could sit and surf on his veranda anytime.
If you are looking for crystal clear sandy beaches this is not the place for you. There is seagrass to walk through but let me tell you that the water there is so warm and so full of beautiful sea life that it doesnt take long to ignore a litte grass. Snorkelling right at the house was undescribable. At any given moment just walk in and see starfish, eel, lobster, hermit crabs, nurse shark and many gorgeous tropical fish.
The Casa is actually directly behind the main Casa. Not a big deal but I didnt realize that until we arrived, For some reason in the ad I imagined it to be beside. No big deal.

My husband and I can not wait to go back to Belize and stay with Wolfgang again. We plan to bring our children next time and rent the Casa. I was able to view this house as well and it was equally as beautiful and accomodating. I loved it.. so simple, so beautiful, so relaxing.
PS if you like watching TV There is an awesome flat screen in the living room and in the bedroom. Wolfgang has about 5-6 satalite dished across the roadway and you will be privi to about 700000 channels. lol My hubby was very happy.
One of the best features of our stay was the resident canine Cookie. What a creature. The most kind, loyal beautiful animal. He slept in our casita on the floor by our bed when he had his sleepovers. This was entirely by our choice and he is absolutely lovely! When I would take the golf cart into town at night Cookie would jump in the back and take watch for me all the way and sit patietnly in the cart as I made my stops. I really did want to bring him home with us. NOTE: Do not worry if you think hmmm a dog in the house??? Cookie is the most well behaved, respectable dog ever. He does not linger around he is there if you want to spend time with him and laying nicely under a palm somewhere if you don't. He never ever entered our home uninvted. We are dog lovers so we made him very much a part of our stay.
The location of the Casita is also excellent. 2-3 minute ride to town. Close enough and far enough all at the same time! Neighbourhood watch is posted all the time and I always felt safe to go anywhere, anytime.

I can't actually say enough about Wolfgang, his staff, his property and Belize itself.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and Host
Liked least: leaving
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Texas

Reviewed 24 October 2012 for a stay in August 2012

Virginia
Reviewed 24 October 2012 for a stay in October 2012

A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing