We spent 2.5 weeks at Azul Maya Villas. Overall, the house is very good. We traveled with our two young children, a 6 month old and a 2 year old and we stayed in the first floor of the villa grande. We had three sets of visitors stay in the master suite (first our friends and then my wife’s parents and my parents), and they found the master suite very comfortable.
There are so many good things about the place:
• The location is nice! It’s out of town and off the main road just enough to be a little quieter and have less golf cart exhaust, but there’s still plenty of attractions a short golf cart ride away.
• The pool is great! The water is a bit chilly, but very refreshing. It’s hot in Belize. A detail that I really liked was that the pool deck is made of repurposed wood (from Hurricane Earl). The pool deck looks great and doesn’t burn your feet despite the blazing Belize sun.
• The property manager, Shayne, was extremely helpful. It was great to have a ride to the golf cart rental store, a ride from the airport and a crash course on what we needed to know to stay in San Pedro.
• The house is clearly newly restored. The inside is clean, bright and has lots of natural light. Everything has a fresh coat of paint.
• The full size fridge was very useful: enough room for ice for frozen beverages, beer, mixers, food for the toddler and food for us.
• Wine glasses are a great touch.
• The AC worked great.
The only complaint we had was that the first floor was a little small for two kids and four adults. We ended up eating out a lot because it just wasn’t that comfortable cooking and hanging out in the small space. But, restaurants are plentiful, nearby, affordable and delicious, so it was overall a great experience. We were there four nights with just my wife and I and our kids, and cooking in was easy and comfortable for the just the four of us.