“A nice place for weekend hangout”
Review of Cafe Istanbul

Cafe Istanbul
Ranked #241 of 593 Restaurants in Alpharetta
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed 30 September 2018

Been there a few times during the weekend. It is a nice place to hangout with friends, especially on weekends. Loved the patio setup that allows to enjoy a fresh air to a nice view.

Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

Huge place inside and out. It wasn’t very crowded for a Friday night but maybe we were early? (7:30). Lots of different places to sit- inside, outside, booths that looks like a dome ceiling. Places to sit on pillows at low tables. The service was friendly and attentive. The food was pretty good.

We tried the chicken breast kabob but I don’t think that’s what I got. It was well cooked with still moist chicken, rice and a tasty salad. My husband had the lamb kabob with the same salad and rice, my daughter had the falafel a platter and it was a ton of food and looked great. My other teen wasn’t super hungry and ordered the stuffed mushrooms. They were a bit disappointing for $8.00.. we had 4 small stuffed mushrooms. They were tasty but small..

It was good Turkish food for the US.. better than some other places we’ve tried. Looks like a big part place.

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

Gorgeous food. Great service, authentic, cozy, comfortable and free hookah on Tuesdays. I'm in love with this place

Reviewed 17 December 2016

We stopped here after a Christmas party at around 10 PM. We were not too hungry but wanted a few more drinks and some food before heading home. This restaurant is an eclectic mix of many things. There was a Live DJ playing music and the place was quite full...folks going to the dance floor and dancing for a bit. They have tables and they have seating on the floor with cushions.

We sat on the floor - we ordered a hookah - it is a little pricey at $25 but it was pretty good. I had the Moscow Mule - and they were pretty well made - the food was awesome, My wife and I shared the lentil soup, baba ghanouj and falafel with pita bread. The bread and soup was so good that we repeated the order.

A good place for grown ups for drinks, hookah, food and to just chill - I wouldn't bring my 5 year old son but good hang out for grown ups.

Reviewed 18 November 2016 via mobile

I stopped by for a quick bite & was delighted by the ambiance. I must have taken well over 30 pictures. From the murals, statues and exotic decor there was so much to draw you in!

My server was Nick and he was so knowledgeable about the menu & ingredients.

I didn't want anything heavy so I got the mixed greens. It included romaine lettuce, spinach, cabbage and fresh parsley. It was a delightful array of greens accompanied by the house dressing. Loved it.

I also had the hummus. I'm very picky when it comes to hummus. Some places add way too much lemon juice & it can take away from the dish. They didn't! There was just enough fresh lemon to satisfy my tastebuds.

I love this place & will definitely be back! Keep up the good work!!!