“Must do!!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: View
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This is a must visit every time I’m in Jax Beach! I’m excited for the new building to open. Fresh fish market and restaurant. You can see them cleaning the fish so you know it’s fresh! The shrimp is fresh out of the water! I tried the fish tacos and wasn’t a fan of the sauce, but the shrimp and fried clams are to die for!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Joined friends in Atlantic Beach Florida, they took us to Safe Harbor seafood market for lunch! The fried oysters and shrimp were out of this world. Big fat white shrimp, plump oysters.
No fish smell at all in the market.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Safe Harbor is the highlight of our annual spring break trip. The local Mayport shrimp and the oyster po’boy are simply the best. The shrimp boats pull up in back and the market is amazing too.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We got lucky and got 2 back tables to accommodate us. The view is great and the food is even better, you cannot beat their Mayport Shrimp!

Reviewed 30 March 2018

My wife and I were passing through the area going south and went out of our way to try out Safe Harbor after reading the reviews for some fresh raw oysters and smoked fish dip. The oysters came out with small salad crackers and not saltines as usual No doubt because of the very small size of them. I have been eating raw oysters for many years and maybe have 1 or 2 in a dozen but never have I seen the whole tray really small. In Apalachicola Fla. they wont let that boats keep that many small ones. The smoked dip was very good, We also tried some hushpuppies that were just ok and nothing special. My wife had the grilled fish tacos that were tasty but the person taking our order asked if we wanted the standard fish which is basa or Vietnamese catfish or the fresh catch of grouper? red fish or some other choices so we chose red fish which changed the price from $9.00 to $14 or 15 dollars that is way too much for tacos with a small amt of meat. Overall we would not drive 45 minutes out of our way to eat here, If we are passing through maybe we will try the other shop as it has better reviews.