“Think about this”

One Ocean Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Atlantic Beach
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

This is not a review of the hotel as a property. This is a review of the hotel as a community partner. A few weekends before Christmas, in cute little Atlantic Beach town center, in what is probably a slow time for this hotel based on the giant empty parking lot, I saw no signage saying no parking, so didn’t think twice about parking in the big empty lot to do a little Christmas shopping in the town center. However, immediately a hotel valet came over to my car and told me this was reserved for hotel only. Perhaps I missed a sign, so I moved.
But here’s what I l’d ask you, One Ocean: don’t you think it would be a much better community-minded move for you to allow some allocated parking on weekends like this when you know that the Christmas shopping revenue helps the town, and you have all those empty parking places? Take a look at this picture and draw your own conclusions.
We come to town often to see our son and daughter-in-law who live here, and have considered staying at this hotel in the past. But seeing that they really don’t care much about their community, I think we’ll pass and stay somewhere else.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Cyndy12
David_Mariotti, General Manager at One Ocean Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Cyndy, I am very sorry about the parking issue that occurred. Unfortunately, the safety and priority we take for our guests is very important to us. With that, we always need to make sure there is enough parking for our guests before all else. Again I am very sorry that this did not work out well for you as our goal is never to inconvenience the community. We appreciate your feedback as we continually work to improve.

David Mariotti

Write a ReviewReviews (1,117)

Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

My wife and I went to Atlantic Beach Fl to spend Thanksgiving with son and daughter-in-law and stayed at the One Ocean hotel. This hotel in our opinion ranks right there with 5 star European hotels we have stayed at. It starts with the service provided on arrival and continues for the whole stay. ALL staff were very friendly and asking if we needed anything. We took our standard poodle and havanese puppy. The hotel provided beds, feeding mats, bowls and treats! We highly recommend that if you are going to any of the Jacksonville beaches that you stay here. Won’t go wrong.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
David_Mariotti, General Manager at One Ocean Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Dave, thank you for the fantastic review of One Ocean Resort and Spa. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your Thanksgiving holiday with the family with our delicious dining options at Azurea, personalized Docent services, pet-friendly amenities and spacious accommodations. We appreciate your kind recommendation and hope to celebrate again with you in the future.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

The hotel has exceptional service, the personell is great in the lobby. The hotel has small but clean and nice rooms. The elevators are slow and due to strange layout (two elevators to get down with bagage). Many restaurants in the neighbourhood are really good, highly recommended and in addition in walking distance.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
David_Mariotti, General Manager at One Ocean Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2017

Gunnar, thank you for reviewing One Ocean Resort & Spa. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our accommodations complete with our prime location nearby popular area attractions. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

I treated my two nieces to a $300.00 "couples massage" this past weekend. I was told there would be one female and one male attendant. In fact, two males were assigned. My nieces were extremely uncomfortable the entire time and felt that portions of the massage were bordering on inappropriate boondaries. The crowning blow was when both attendants ran their "oil-soaked" hands up their necks and THROUGH their beautiful, long hair. There is something very wrong with this spa service. I would never return and cannot recommend.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank jacksonvilleahn
David_Mariotti, General Manager at One Ocean Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Thank you for reviewing One Ocean Resort & Spa. I am deeply disturbed to read the nature of your review regarding our massage therapists. I assure you that our therapists are carefully screened and have our guests' best interests in mind. Furthermore, I apologize that we were unable to honor your request for one female and one male massage therapist; as on occasion we have a very limited availability and are unable to do so. Once again, I sincerely apologize and ask that you contact me directly so I may address this matter by speaking with you further.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

Loved the fact that it was right on the beach, the ocean view king room was comfortable. bathrooms are tiny and the shower compartments leak (which is also a problem with the spa shower). The staff at the hotel were extremely polite and helpful. the resort fee includes free steam ironing, coffee-tea room service till 10:30 a.m.,valet parking & stocked snacks & juice bottles-that was very impressive. Room service was prompt. so 5 stars to the hotel.
Unfortunately did not have such a pleasant experience at the spa.The therapists were really nice and the treatments were great, but not the administration. My husband was attending a conference here & I wrote to the spa for a reservation. I got a call back saying that they were giving me a spa package for $320 which included a free paraffin wax for manicure & pedicure. The actual bill was $540. they reversed the $36 for paraffin wax & said the amount quoted to me did not included gratuity( which was not told to me by the lady who called me, I believe her name was Ya-Ya-pretty sure I misspelt her name,sorry!), which was only $ 84. But since I did not have an email quoting the price from the spa, I had no way of proving it. So if you do reserve a package on the phone, please ensure they send you an email confirming the actual cost. Honestly, the people who attended to me at the spa were all great and I have no complaints, If ever I am in the area again, I would go to the spa. I will just make sure I confirm the price before entering the spa.

Room Tip: room 823 was ocean facing.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
David_Mariotti, General Manager at One Ocean Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review One Ocean Resort & Spa. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our beachfront location complete with spacious accommodations and personable Docent services. I am also glad that you took advantage of our valet services and complimentary amenities. I am very sorry and surprised to hear about your experience at our spa. We do our best to be very transparent about our pricing and I will surely discuss this with my team as this i very unlike the typical guest experience. Thank you for your understanding and I hope you will give our spa another chance to impress you in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlantic Beach
2.5 km away
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
2.3 km away
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonvil...
#5 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
4 km away
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
3.7 km away
Best Western Oceanfront
Best Western Oceanfront
#4 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
12 km away
The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedra Beach
The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedr...
#3 of 4 in Ponte Vedra Beach
7.8 km away
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to One Ocean Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!