“Hotel is great, Spa billing is not”

One Ocean Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Atlantic Beach
Reviewed 12 November 2017

Loved the fact that it was right on the beach, the ocean view king room was comfortable. bathrooms are tiny and the shower compartments leak (which is also a problem with the spa shower). The staff at the hotel were extremely polite and helpful. the resort fee includes free steam ironing, coffee-tea room service till 10:30 a.m.,valet parking & stocked snacks & juice bottles-that was very impressive. Room service was prompt. so 5 stars to the hotel.
Unfortunately did not have such a pleasant experience at the spa.The therapists were really nice and the treatments were great, but not the administration. My husband was attending a conference here & I wrote to the spa for a reservation. I got a call back saying that they were giving me a spa package for $320 which included a free paraffin wax for manicure & pedicure. The actual bill was $540. they reversed the $36 for paraffin wax & said the amount quoted to me did not included gratuity( which was not told to me by the lady who called me, I believe her name was Ya-Ya-pretty sure I misspelt her name,sorry!), which was only $ 84. But since I did not have an email quoting the price from the spa, I had no way of proving it. So if you do reserve a package on the phone, please ensure they send you an email confirming the actual cost. Honestly, the people who attended to me at the spa were all great and I have no complaints, If ever I am in the area again, I would go to the spa. I will just make sure I confirm the price before entering the spa.

Room Tip: room 823 was ocean facing.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
David_Mariotti, General Manager at One Ocean Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review One Ocean Resort & Spa. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our beachfront location complete with spacious accommodations and personable Docent services. I am also glad that you took advantage of our valet services and complimentary amenities. I am very sorry and surprised to hear about your experience at our spa. We do our best to be very transparent about our pricing and I will surely discuss this with my team as this i very unlike the typical guest experience. Thank you for your understanding and I hope you will give our spa another chance to impress you in the future.

David Mariotti

Write a ReviewReviews (1,117)

Reviewed 8 November 2017

From the time you get out of your car it is impressive.
The hotel is absolutely beautiful, the views are even better!
The best part about my stay was the staff and how friendly and helpful they are, never before have I had a staff go out of the way to improve my stay.
I'll definitely be back!!!

Room Tip: Ocean Side view
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
David_Mariotti, General Manager at One Ocean Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Joe, thank you for the fantastic review of One Ocean Resort & Spa. I am thrilled to hear that we left a lasting impression on you from check-in to check-out with our personable Docent services, picturesque beachfront location and artfully designed interiors. We hope that next time you will try our signature restaurant and lounge, Azurea!

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Attended the one ocean resort and spa for a wedding and was bitterly disappointed.

Class themselves as a luxury hotel, however, the rooms are very small with tiny beds and there is barely enough space in the bathroom to turn around.
Basics such as coffee/tea making facilities or an iron are not provided in the room, instead you have to ask for these and wait at least half an hour for them to come.

Reception staff were some of the most unhelpful people I have ever came across in this kind of business. When myself, and several others, approached them with problems or complaints all they could do was say “oh I’m sorry” with blank expressions. More helpful staff could attempt to look like they are listening to you and offer solutions or explanations to your problem.

The beach at the resort had an awful smell because it was covered in dead seaweed. I appreciate this was a naturally occurring issue, however, for the day of the wedding the hotel did not even have the decency to clear away all the seaweed for a couple who have clearly brought tens of thousands of revenue to the hotel.

Upon check out everyone was surprised to see hidden extra costs had been added on to each bill.

In comparison to hotels in Europe, the one ocean would be lucky to be classed as a three star resort, in my opinion.

After our experience of the one ocean we moved to a holiday in express close by and were shocked at how much better most of their facilities for a fraction of the price.

I would never return to the one ocean resort and spa and I most certainly would not recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Ashleigh N

Ashleigh, I am very sorry and surprised to hear about your overall experience at One Ocean Resort & Spa as this is very unlike the typical guest experience. We offer many different room types and we will be happy to find one better suited to your preferences in the future. I will surely discuss your experience with our associates with the team to see where the miscommunication occurred as I assure you that we have our guests best interests in mind. I also want to apologize for the billing issues you experienced and again will surely discuss with the team to see how we may avoid similar complications in the future. Overall we appreciate this feedback as we continue working to improve the guest experience. I hope you might consider giving us another chance to impress you in the future.

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

Literally, one of the nicest hotels I’ve ever stayed at. Beautiful beach view, scrumptious breakfast French toast, a well appointed room with excellent finishes from an Uber comfy bed to a spectacular bathroom, and four star service from valet to the front desk and beyond. This is definitely my go to hotel for all business trips to Jacksonville and hopefully a romantic weekend soon.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
David_Mariotti, General Manager at One Ocean Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Thank you for choosing One Ocean Resort & Spa. I am thrilled to hear that we exceeded your expectations with our beachfront location, delicious dining options and dedicated Docent services. We too look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

This is a beautiful property in a beautiful location. Hotel is well kept and rooms are spacious and very comfortable. Staff is mainly younger men and women that are focused on making sure your stay is wonderful. Valet only makes parking a breeze. Resort fee includes a complimentary servi bar that is well stocked daily. Don't miss this ocean gem!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
David_Mariotti, General Manager at One Ocean Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Thank you, Jim, for your review of One Ocean Resort & Spa. I am thrilled to hear that we left a lasting impression on you with our well-appointed accommodations, attentive service and convenient valet service. We appreciate your kind feedback and look forward to your next visit!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlantic Beach
2.5 km away
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
2.3 km away
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonvil...
#5 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
4 km away
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
3.7 km away
Best Western Oceanfront
Best Western Oceanfront
#4 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
12 km away
The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedra Beach
The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedr...
#3 of 4 in Ponte Vedra Beach
7.8 km away
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to One Ocean Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!