“Quiet, comfortable stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
“Quiet, comfortable stay”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Stayed here with my parents and my daughter for a quick trip to Apalachicola. It was quiet, the beds were very comfortable and you are less than 5 minutes from downtown. It seemed much more peaceful than the inns along the river. Although the hotel apparently was full, we did not hear anyone coming or going. The pool looked clean and inviting but we were just too busy to take advantage of it. Our breakfast of eggs, sausage and waffles was hot and tasty. We plan to stay here again when we come back for one of Apalachicola's many fairs or festivals.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dee A, General Manager at Best Western Apalach Inn, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 850-653-9131.

Dee Allison
Best Western Apalach Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Florida
Reviewed 18 March 2012

My husband and I were in the area for a trip for our anniversary in March and I had booked this hotel months earlier. Reading more recent reviews, I nearly canceled and went with the River Inn instead. The only things that stopped me were price and one new review that was positive. Price wise, I got a rate of $85 for the night. The Apalachicola River Inn's website listed the price as $129 for a lower room, $149 for upper, but had a coupon through Trip Advisor. However, when I called, I was told that the price went up March 1st and would be $20 more, plus there was no longer a coupon. So we stuck with the Best Western. We were very happy we did. The room was clean and neat, the front desk staff friendly and helpful and the breakfast very nice. At breakfast, they had a very nice variety, plus, upon request, they happily brought out hot sauce for my husband to go with the egg and sausage sandwich he'd made. The only negative was that the pool did need to be cleaned. It was not warm enough to temp me, but had the temperature been warm enough, I would not have gotten in with all the debris. To be fair, it could be they were not using it for "season' yet.
Given the price difference and the fact that we had a nice room with refrigerator, microwave and hair dryer vs. the River Inn with a walk up with the draw being the view, I was thrilled with our room. We saved enough to splurge at Boss Oysters.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank travelot3
Dee A, General Manager at Best Western Apalach Inn, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
Dear Sir & Ma'am

Thank You, so much for the awesome comments that you made on "Trip Advisor", we greatly appreciate it!! If there is anything that we can do better, I would love to hear your feed back.

As the "new" General Manager of the Best Western Apalach Inn, my staff and I want to personally say; we would love to see you back soon (and hopefully; the "pool" will be warm enough for you to swim in!!)

Thanks Again

Dee Allison
Whitefish, Montana
Reviewed 5 March 2012

As expected. I was given a room with a whirlpool bath. I believe it was one of the only rooms left. Never used it. Rooms are large with desk and additional table, frig, and microwave.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank JMLinne
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 8 February 2012

We had read the reviews from some months ago which caused concern. Was assured by hotel they were under new management and things were different. We stayed there because the rate was favorable compared to other places. We were not disappointed at all. Everything was clean. The furnishings looked relatively new. Breakfast was good - much like most motels in this price range. If we were to go to the again for a similar trip, we would not hesitate to stay there again. The bad reviews from last fall are definitely old not an adequate description of this hotel as it was for us.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank DA S
Lunderwood, Regional Manager RoHM Hotel Group at Best Western Apalach Inn, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
Dear DA S,

Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel and comment about your stay with us here at the Best Western Apalach. We are working very hard to improve the service of the hotel along with providing accomodations that are clean and refreshing for all of our guest.

Even though Apalachicola is located on the Forgotten Coast, the area is rich in history and natural beauty. We are so excited to be the new stewards of a hotel in such a warm and welcoming community as Apalachicola.

With spring knocking at the door, we hope that you will be able to return when the azaelas are in bloom and the water is a little warmer so that you can dip your toe in the amazing Gulf of Mexico.

If there is anything I or the staff at the Best Western Apalach can do to assist you, please do not hesitate in contacting us.

Lee Underwood

850-653-9131

LUnderwood@ROHMHotels.com
West Palm Beach
Reviewed 16 November 2011

I've stayed here twice and was pleasently suprised to be greeted as a welcomed guest and treated like I really matter. The rooms are roomy and comfortable.

As a road warrior who travels 5 days a week I can honestly say this hotel is on my list of repeats.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank RoadWarrior2a
Also consider these accommodations in or near Apalachicola
1.8 km away
0.3 km away
Rancho Inn
Rancho Inn
#4 of 5 in Apalachicola

Been to Best Western Apalach Inn? Share your experiences!