Coombs House Inn(Apalachicola)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
USD 120
Rancho Inn(Apalachicola)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
Book now, pay at stay
USD 104
Hotels.com
Best Western Apalach Inn(Apalachicola)(Great Value!)
USD 131
Gibson Inn(Apalachicola)(Great Value!)
USD 158
USD 137
Official Hotel
St George Inn(St. George Island)
Book now, pay at stay
USD 206
USD 147
Mainstay Suites(Port Saint Joe)(Great Value!)
USD 133
MainStaySuites
Port Inn(Port Saint Joe)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
USD 194
TripAdvisor
  • Free Breakfast
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Having just had both my knees replaced a few weeks before we where looking for a place to stay for just one night on our trip back to south Florida. I called late and being a holiday weekend usually there is a two day minimum but kayd was very kind and gave us the queen room and suite for the one night. We found the place to be ultra clean and comfortable. The rooms where perfect. You do not get breakfast but there is a lovely fully stocked kitchen that you are allowed to use. The porches and outside sitting areas are relaxing and it is a very short walk to downtown. Try the owl cafe or the tavern for the best food in town. Do yourself a favor and spend a relaxing night or two at this wonderful place.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank savannahAlabama
Reviewed 9 December 2012

My husband and I stayed at the House of Tartts last New Years. we came down without reservations and stumbled upon this old house with a phone number. we called and got. " Virginia" who told us to look in the mailbox for the keys and if we did not mind putting linens on the bed we could sleep in the front room. the price she quoted was $110.00. when we got inside, we found we had to clean the bathrooms, change the beds and clean the kitchen I called Virginia and negotiated a lower Rate. she was agreeable, told us where to leave the cash. We had dinner out, came back, slept well, checked out the next day. We started receiving very strange phone calls about two days later telling us we didnt leave enough money. it was Virginia, she was clling me by a different name and telling me I slept in the Queen room. she was obviously confusing us with another guest.
Aside from this confusion, We decided to return to Apalachicola with a group and stay at the House of Tartts . We once again made reservations through Virginia by email in May, 2012 for a three night stay over New Years 2013. We were 5 couples coming from all over the east coast for a get together. Unfortunately, I had to cancel the carriage house due to a change of plans I contacted Virginia as soon as I knew. I was told this was not a problem. Now, less than three weeks from our arrival, Virginia emails me that we have been bumped out because the owner rented the house to someone else.
Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else! This is the most unprofessional, disorganized group I have ever dealt with.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
11  Thank hiltonhead123
Reviewed 9 August 2012

We stayed here for a anniversary/birthday getaway and totally enjoyed it. The cottage is beautifully restored and it feels a bit like stepping back in time. We parked the car and walked everywhere - it is very close to downtown but on a quiet side street. We had the place to ourselves for most of the weekend. There is a great kitchen that we didn't use. We stayed in the suite and had lots of room. Loved the porch that wraps around the house - perfect place for afternoon cocktails! This would be a great house to rent with family or a reunion and then you could rent the whole place.

Room Tip: The suite has a bathroom within it - the other downstairs room has a bathroom down the hall.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kimkelling15
Reviewed 28 June 2011

My Girlfriend and I needed to get away from the city we live in. And we decided to drive over to an area of Florida we haven't been too. And that was Apalachicola, Fl. I found this Historic guest house called "House of Tartts"on Yahoo and TripAdvisor. And showed the info to my Girlfriend and we booked it for Friday June 24th thur June 27th 2011. Once we arrived are keys to the House were in the front door mailbox inside a large brown envelope with instuctions of are room rate and which keys went to everthing.

Once we walked inside we felt like it was home. And thats how it felt too us for three nights and four days. We had the King Suite the bed was nice with several pillows three each between us, with TV & DVD. The Bathroom for the King suite is down the hall and its the only one with Tub & Shower with a great supply of Hot Water. I took two baths along with several showers and EVER ran out of Hot Water! The sink had a shelf about it inwhich you could place a lot of personal items. And the bathroom had good lighting, at first I felt the toilet seat was too high but I was told older people and ones in wheelchairs love it so it was ok. The Kitchen that was in the Main house was shared with the other Guests. We didn't cook anything but we did store are tea and drinks in the refrigerator and we used the ice up in the freezer.

This area was perfect if you wanted to be in Alalachicola, Fl. you could walk to the local shops and dine close by. My Girlfriend likes to Jog and she felt safe. I walked the town several times taking photos here and there, and I also felt Very Safe. The Best thing about this Guest House was Virginia & the Owner Ouida they made you feel at home. The least was one couple that was up in the Loft that Kept there TV Loud and Talked till 1:30am!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank itellitlikeitis
Reviewed 25 June 2011

We rented the loft suite the night before checking in to a home on St George Island. The owner is a pleasure to deal with and the property is located just 1 block from the main drag, making a walk to restaurants/businesses easy.
The loft is a remodeled attic that was done in pine planks and wainscotting. It was very well done and has some well thought out ideas to address the challenges of the space. Though being at the top of a Florida house, the air conditioning easily drops the suite down to meat locker-there are also 2 ceiling fans and 2 other fans. It was extremely clean-we found one deceased bug in the bathroom and that was all, and in FL a dead bug means things are being done right. The beds were comfortable and the area spacious.
Downsides? The full bath only has a jacuzzi tub and no shower. There is a shower wand but the tub is tucked under the slanted roof. You will not be standing unless you are below 4"06' and there is no shower curtain. Access to the suite is via spiral staircase, so access can be an issue and it limits how much you can bring up at once. The internet was spotty at times.
The shared areas of the house are similar in cleanliness and usefullness. One of the downstairs suites appeared to also have a bath that was not en suite-if it matters to you I would ask.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family