All reviews pool house fire pit old florida get away wood floors dirty towels private pool covered porch romantic getaway lounge chairs few steps watch the sunset ocean view small kitchen the cottages gulf of mexico palm trees
Reviewed 5 October 2016

We stayed in #101 right on the beach which was a huge plus for us. The bungalow was clean and nicely decorated. The management staff was helpful and pleasant. This unit had A/C units in the window. I thought the A/C units were a little loud when I was trying to sleep yet my husband said it did not bother him. (I might be a light sleeper). We recommend staying at the Bungalow Beach resort and would stay there again.

This was our first time on Anna Maria Island. We had a great time, yet I might visit the island at a different time in the future. We visited in July on a weekend and the island was crowded with locals and tourist. We are in our 50's and like quiet and less traffic.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MK_traveler_from_FL
Reviewed 1 October 2016

Can't deny friendliness of staff. After that.... it depends where your expectations are. Units could be cute but they look tired. Website photos make it appear more charming, more updated, and more spacious than what it is. Common living space is small with seating for a 2 BR only having a small couch and a dining table with 2 chairs. Management should consider changing blinds with broken slats... and picking up grounds with things like the old dish pan sitting in the alleyway to the beach......just looks bad and sends wrong message. Beyond that baths are very small and could use updating. Bath opening into sitting area should have a regular door with a fan and vent to outside .....PRIVACY PLEASE! A/C units are VERY loud ....we kept AC off in living area in order to hear TV. Know that the refrigerator is small dorm room type and there is no cooking facility which was fine for us but may matter more to others particularly with kids Also know the pool was the smallest pool I have ever been in! And tree debris around and inside the pool needs better maintenance. Speaks to the little things management could be more on top of. Cleaning crew needs to vacuum under beds and furniture.....level of sand and dust bunnies is disturbing so careful not to drop anything that you need to look for under furniture..... or like me storing bags under bed given space limitations. The inside of the trash bins in the units need to be hosed/washed once in a while or preferably between guests.... disgusting! We had the unfortunate timing of being there the same time that red tide brought thousands of dead fish onto the beach which stank up the whole place and made the beach experience a bit undesirable..... while not in their control, management made no mention of this ahead of arrival or even at check-in.... clearly the obvious is they don't want to lose the business but good will heads up might be appropriate especially if you're flying from afar. Overall, might be OK for a short stay if your expectations are appropriately set. Management is missing the small stuff that could make experience more pleasing.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank fredthedog916
Reviewed 27 September 2016

Just returned from the best family vacation ever. 10 amazing days at Bungalow Beach Resort. So great to wake up and walk right out to the beach. It was like having our own private beach and ocean. We have 3 boys but still had enough privacy in the small but well laid out bungalow. Every time we took the boys out for an excursion, upon return my 8 year old would say, "Bungalow, Sweet Bungalow". Such a beautiful property and the staff could not have been nicer. Definitely going back and hopefully very soon.

Room tip: Lots of different options. Website has rooms laid out well for choosing.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Steve L
Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

Beautiful setting with old Florida but very updated Bungalows. The staff is quick to respond to your needs and very helpful. We saw dolphins and manatees on our visit. The sunsets here are the best. We will recommend this place to everyone.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 394lewisr
Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

A wonderful vacation ended in disaster. Last year, I was able to overlook the dust bunnies and ruined pots and pans, this year, not so much. My boys woke up covered in bed bug bites and the owners and cleaning staff didn't seem to care much. They changed the sheets, took all the curtains down and sprayed Lysol. THAT'S IT. Didn't call pest control and didn't even offer to reimburse the 2 nights during which we had no privacy from lack of curtains and a unusable bedroom. We also spent hours at laundromat and driving an hour to buy special bags to seal clean laundry. And, we found another bedbug in our inflatable air matress where we crammed our kids to avoid untreated bedroom this morning. (Bedbugs travel 20ft to feed)
I feel bad for the people checking in today! The owner said sorry, are you sure you didn't bring them with you? Are you kidding me????? They were established in THEIR curtains!!!!! I hope many people read this and aren't affected by these nasty bugs.
Photos were taken AFTER they "detail cleaned" to get rid of bed bugs. We were "assured" the problem was taken care of which is the only reason we stayed our last night . The last photo is of one of the 3 cooking pans/pots.
We spent over $3,000 to stay here and now we have all this additional time and large expense to treat our personal belongings. Please be watchful if you go here. I checked the beds when we got there, but didn't think to look in curtains that are against the bed.

Trip type: Travelled with family